anxiety at work?

honeybadger

honeybadger

Expect anxiety if you want a job should be verbalized by the employer during the interview process...but it's not.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

how do you deal w/anxiety at work?
How do you deal with it when you're not at work?Maybe some of those same things can be used at work too?

I just suffered through when I was working,there wasn't much else I could do.Sometimes though I did meditate during breaks,did breathing exercises on the job,did positive self talk and hoped to make it through the day.

G

gam9147

I think you deal with it in the same way you deal with it out of work :) how's that for a way too simple answer? :)

CBT techniques, distraction, breathing, stop mechanisms to try to stay in the moment. I think many find work easier because it occupies your mind, depending on what your doing of course. A desk job that is more intellectual and less physical seems worse for anxiety from experience, I have trouble with these too. Something physical should be pretty easy because your mind can't think think think when your body is moving at least as well (similar to exercise).