Anxiety around my son

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Sometimes I wake up sad because I think about how my middle son ignores me. I was very anxious the last few times I saw him because I had to travel for four hours in a car to go see him. And the traveling made my legs hurt. And I get very anxious when my legs hurt. So he has a bad memory of me and now he avoids talking to me. He won't email and he won't talk on the phone. On Mothers Day he did email briefly to say that he doesn't celebrate Mothers Day anymore; it's stupid attention seeking and commercialized. So then his birthday came and I didn't acknowledge his BD so he should know how it feels.

I think more about the son who doesn't communicate and I think less about the youngest son who communicates beautifully with me every Sunday. That's the negative mind for you. Always thinking about the bad stuff.

The youngest son likes to talk with me for an hour every Sunday. I should think about him instead.

Kerome

Kerome

Sad to hear that PD, it would be nice if your sons were a bit more mindful of you. But they are adults now and you can’t force them to behave in some way. The most you can do is not get caught up and set the right example, try and foster a loving togetherness.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Kerome. How are you ?? I owe my son some money and that may be part of why he doesn't speak to me. It was a business loan. And on Mother's Day he didn't even speak to me. Maybe he's mad that we haven't been able to pay him back. I think maybe that's it.

Kerome

Kerome

I’m good, I have family visiting me in my home at the moment so that all takes up a bit more time than otherwise. About the money, you may be right.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Poopy doll,
Sorry you are going thru this, glad you have support from your other son.
I know about travelling with chronic pain, my sister lives 3 hours away from me. I can't use trains and it's too far to drive. Thank goodness she visits us every few weeks.
Hope very soon your son will understand and you'll be on better speaking terms.
Take care

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Dearest Mayflower,
Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you have troubles traveling also. We do the best we can.

It is wonderful that your sister comes to visit. My sister is on the other side of the country and is afraid to travel due to chemical sensitivities.

Have a pleasant Sunday. ;)

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Dearest Mayflower,
Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you have troubles traveling also. We do the best we can.

It is wonderful that your sister comes to visit. My sister is on the other side of the country and is afraid to travel due to chemical sensitivities.

Have a pleasant Sunday. ;)

Thanks,
Have a lovely day too, sorry to hear about your sister. Your totally right we do our best.
Take care