• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety and you...

amathus

amathus

Do you feel that you are more anxious now than you were maybe 5 years ago? Why?

"We all experience anxiety; it is a natural human state and a vital part of our lives.

However prolonged anxiety can be harmful to our emotional and physical wellbeing."

Mental Health Foundation

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I started with anxiety just four months ago - before that although I had depression and pychcosis I had never felt anxiety in it's true cruel state.
Mine started two days after my mum died, and I honestly thought I was having a heart attack - and it continued for three months every single day and hour until my dr gave me bets blockers and now it's practically vanished!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hmm.. that's an interesting question.

It's hard to say if i've got more or less anxiety than I did 5 years ago - the intensity feels the same.
However the nature of the things that give me anxiety has changed quite significantly.
I think the anxiety I get now feels far more serious and based on reality. :unsure:

NervyTwo

NervyTwo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have to say yes, I am more anxious than I was five years ago. Problem is I simply have no idea why. Nothing has happened to me during this time, and there's no change in my physical health, I just feel myself getting more worked up about things than I used to.

Wish I had more insight into this, sorry.