Anxiety and serious sweating

L

Lindajames

Hi! I have a serious sweating issue which limits me from applying cosmetics. This issue irritates me as I continue sweating very badly. So I considered taking botox hyperhidrosis treatment . It has been booked for the next month. But I'm terrified now as I heard that the cerebral pain is a typical inconvenience faced after taking botox injection and it may last for quite a long time. Has anybody here had a comparable situation and what have you done to reduce it? To what extent will the bruising and swelling lasts for? Does anxiety lead to more sweating? Can anyone help please?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RunningOnRiver

:welcome: Lindajames, I know some people sweat a lot more than others even if they don't suffer from anxiety. So i'd imagine severe anxiety can cause excess sweating. I'd definitely have Botox if it helps.

Sorry i'm no help. I hope you get your problem sorted.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

and now for something off beat. drinking more water helps and eating more fruit and veg. had a similar problem. i had items of clothing that i had to throw away because even after going through the washing machine they still smelt rank.

S

schizolanza

linda botox might hurt.it might not.but that's not imo the real issue.botox is only a temporary solution.could be expensive too.if I were you I would get hold of a iontophoresis device suitable for your needs.thats what I did.problem solved.really there is hope for you.hyperhidrosis doesn't have to beat you there are effective treatments available. for me I wasn't interested in botox or the fucking awful roll on antiperspirant that burns the skin and doesn't work when it really matters.

S

schizolanza

I can shake another persons hand now.even in an anxious situation.without fear of embarresment.

S

schizolanza

my machine is an idromed.i think you can get treatment for your face if you look for it.and ofcourse the investment.My machine was 450 quid but I paid for it monthly which helped.id sooner spend it on an iontophoresis machine than botox any day.hope this helps.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

dont forget the water and fresh fruit and veg this is what helped me and i have not had the problem since. i used to avoid people and as for being in a car that was a nightmare. :eek:

this happened when i had a long period of intense stress. the doctors "answers" were ludicrous and that is when i became more open to listening to what this person said to me regarding the water and fruit and veg. not always a quick fix in this world and these quick fixes are counterfeit as they dont last. i so didnt want chemicals and worse

V

vlasicpickles

Maybe it's one of your medications if you take any?

I used to have serious sweating issues. In high school I would be drenched in sweat just walking to class. I had really bad hot flashes too and stress sweat. It was very discouraging. I think it was one of my meds I'm not on anymore because the sweating completely stopped. Now I am cold alot.