• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety and put on Lexapro

I

Irishgal89

Hi , yesterday I started 5mg for anxiety. Found it hard to sleep last night and woke at 7am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.
Feel not myself and alot of depersonalization , bad dizziness in shops.
Has anyone any positive stories about this medication

Thanks
☺

Misa_

Misa_

Hi

I’m not on this particular medicines but I know it’s likely that side effects for anti anxiety medications take place the first few weeks you have them.

I’m on sertraline and I had the same thing to begin with I thought my head was going to explode. It does get better though .
If you can wait it out a few weeks you generally see the benefits. Our brains need time to adjust that’s all.

I

Irishgal89

Hi

I’m not on this particular medicines but I know it’s likely that side effects for anti anxiety medications take place the first few weeks you have them.

I’m on sertraline and I had the same thing to begin with I thought my head was going to explode. It does get better though .
If you can wait it out a few weeks you generally see the benefits. Our brains need time to adjust that’s all.
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely give it time just not a very nice feeling being spaced out. Very surprised of the amount of people that have same thing.
Thanks 😊