• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety and Depression

L

Lauren1993

Hi im 21 years old and I have been suffering with anxiety and depression for about a year now. I have ended up being off work on the sick twice now for the illness and currently am in the position. Im a very stressed person finding it hard to stay asleep at night having nightmares every night and recently my depression has caused me to want to take my own life. I turned to the samaritans for help but their reply to my emails is was anything up to 12 hours and i didnt really find that very helpful for me that is why i have turned to this type of support. I also am afraid that there are cameras when i go to peoples homes and also in my own home. like people are watching me through my phone and xbox. I also think that my friends are always talking about me behind my back and that they are doing things to single me out or that theyre pretending to like me when they really dont. I cant relax and feels like im trying to listen to 10 different things in my head at once so i cant concentrate on one single thing properly. I also suffer from OCD probably as a result of the anxiety meaning i have to stare at things for a long time to try and convince my mind that its real. I also have to touch things and count to 5. I hope someone has some insight and maybe someone who has similar problems so i can have someone to relate to.

Last edited:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

I'm not really up to answering posts at the moment but wanted to welcome you.

Marliee x

SarahD

SarahD

Hi Lairen

Welcome to the forum. :flower2:

Sorry to hear you have been having such a bad time.

Samaritans do take a while to answer emails. I know it is easier to write, but there is always the option to phone (08457 90 90 90) if you need urgent help, especially when suicidal. There is also SANEline 0300 304 7000 between 6pm and 11pm. If you are suicidal you can ring 999 or go,to A and E. Another helpline is Supportline 01708 765200.

I am sure you will find members who can relate to your symptoms. If you want a diagnosis though you will need to go to your doctor or psychiatrist.

I hope you enjoy using the forum and find it helpful.

Best wishes, Sarah

V

vikmoi

hey lauren sorry to hear your having a hard time, i suffer from anxiety and depression, and i would say visit your doctor and discuss options, which are medication and some sort of counselling, i started taking medication only about a year ago, after being prescribed it 5 years earlier. and at first it made a huge difference, i felt like i was in a good place and happy, i managed to get a new job, and other good things happened. also i struggled to breath most days and the medication really improved that and other physical symptoms, at first. i want to say the medication helps, but I'm still having the same thought process that leads and led me to have anxiety, i feel like i can cope better dealing with everyday situations with the medication, like going to work, which is a necessity to me. i guess what I'm saying is, its always there, we have to change the way we think about things that make us anxious. there are online courses through the nhs but you would also need to see a doctor to gain access. i hope this helps, I'm here to looking for someone to relate to, its quite lonely when anxiety is involved!

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi and welcome to the forum x
Sorry I don't have anything useful to say, I just wanted to welcome you here x