• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

A

Adas

Hi everyone sounds like we all suffer alike does anyone suffer from head pain it sux I've suffered for over 30 years seems to be getting progesively worse

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

I think mine starts with anxiety and then I end up depressed because of the changes in body chemistry - the amount of adrenaline "eating up" reserves of serotonin. StressBunny
Wow! ! I'm writing this down as I so get this . I hope you are doing good and happy .. 🤗

Me48

Me48

how do they treat your problem if you dont mind me asking. i feel like am hitting a wall.
I am only addressing my issues with medication (probably not the best way). I take Zoloft (generic version) daily which helped get me past the point of just waiting for things to be over (never looking forward to anything). I also have Xanax (generic version) that helps when my mind begins to race or I feel myself starting to get very anxious. I’ve had a few panic attacks and they are awful (so I look to the Xanax to prevent getting to that level). I see a psychiatrist a couple times a year but I don’t feel a connection to him. He’s ok and continues to prescribe what I need (I don’t have an addictive personality). I do find myself needing the Xanax more with current world events and being basically locked down...

MeJustMe

MeJustMe

Anxiety and depression TOTALLY go hand in hand in my experience. Depression tells you everything is hopeless, anxiety tells you to fear everything. You can 100% have both.

J

joshua364654

I agree with a lot of what people are saying. Anxiety and depression can feed into each other in many ways, they can be really intertwined. Your anxiety can cause you to feel down all the time, and your depression can cause you to feel anxious. That's an over simplified way of putting it, but I think they're linked. Hope everyone is keep safe in these uncertain times :)