Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

S

spadoinkel

This might help as well.

I am 51 and have dealt with both since I was in my mid 20s. Actually I can look back and see signs of problems as early ad 12 and 13 years old. For me I can get depressed for no reason, and not having a reason to be depressed makes me anxious. Then I become more depressed. The two feed each other creating a vicious cycle.

If nothing else I hope you feel better knowing that you are not alone nor is it unusual to deal with both.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

socialshynessbreakthru

Things to consider when overcoming social anxiety and shyness

If you are shy, you have plenty of time for any solitary activities you'd like to do, including reading, drawing, writing, thinking, and so on. You never have to compromise for someone else and do something you're not very enthusiastic about. Shyness also lets you become more deeply interested in any hobbies you may have. Many shy people find they are able to get very good at playing their favorite video games because they have so much time to practice.

On the other hand, there are also many bad things about being shy. The biggest one is loneliness. You may start to feel isolated from other people if you are too shy to make at least a couple friends. If you are very shy, then you may not be able to ask out that girl or guy you are attracted to. You might also reject many opportunities to go out and have fun because of your fear of meeting new people. You will not be able to enjoy parties as much. You will find it harder to find a job and relate to your coworkers. Overall, your life would become more independent of other people. Many people who are shy also have insecurities and low self-esteem.

If you’re interested to learn about 3 WORST Mistakes You Must Avoid & our FREE article "Social Anxiety Tips - 3 Ways To Lower Your Fear", check out this website for more info as the program has been working for me and several of my colleagues: https://socialshynessbreakthru.com

M

MT1

Thanks for the detailed overview of both mental illnesses. I don’t find the solution how to get rid of anxiety and depression. I read may articles regarding these problems that suggest that therapies are most effective to overcome from both the problems.

A

AntipsychoticREFUGEE

Who could diagnose the psychosis of the shrink? The meds which has led to the mental trauma/ PTSD (while trying to recover from DID, caused by same shits), the nobel-candidate thinks that the same shit can be used to "heal" those traumas/PTSD?! Deadly anxy, depsy, uncomfy, flegy and concentration non-existent that the "pill-regime" gotta be in the fine fettle?