• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

D

Doodles5880

30 years of relentless anxiety from 4 years of age, cPTSD from the same age, and BPD since age 16 finally led to severe depression. Now I'm 42 and yeah...both. It's really just surviving, not living.
I can relate! I am on just survival mode right now. All I know is it does pass and there are windows of happiness! Don’t rule out anything g that helps!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I can relate! I am on just survival mode right now. All I know is it does pass and there are windows of happiness! Don’t rule out anything g that helps!
I just read my original post and I said 30 years of anxiety since age 4 and I was now 42 (I'm 43 now). I meant almost 40 years of anxiety, not 30! I clearly can't add up! lol

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Depression, loneliness, anxiety and leaving school Depression Forum 4
A Depression and anxiety Depression Forum 2
stevie_sloth Anyone taken the Beck Depression or Anxiety Inventories? Depression Forum 4
B Anxiety and Depression at 21 years old Depression Forum 8
M High functioning depression and anxiety Depression Forum 18
jajingna Magnesium for depression and anxiety? Depression Forum 5
Fioletovayalien Cold water swimming to treat depression/anxiety Depression Forum 5
R It's not working... Depression and anxiety need help Depression Forum 20
L Acute anxiety & Moderate/Severe Depression Depression Forum 17
O Chronic Depression & Anxiety now leading to physical problems! Depression Forum 10
A Depression and anxiety Depression Forum 5
F Depression or maybe anxiety... looking to control it before it gets worse Depression Forum 8
whyme88 Overthinking/anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 11
C Depression... and anxiety? Depression Forum 13
S anxiety and depression, does it ever end?? Depression Forum 9
whyme88 Anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 7
W My Partner Suffers from Depression & Anxiety Depression Forum 6
LostNorthernStar Physical Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety? Depression Forum 12
A What is your bigger struggle, depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 53
D Why do I seemingly not want to get better? Loneliness, failing university, depression, severe anxiety, and not doing anything about it Depression Forum 7
T Depression and Anxiety - possibly triggered by medication Depression Forum 1
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 Depression/Anxiety - never ending emotional rollercoaster you DONT want to be on. Depression Forum 3
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
J Depression with Anxiety Depression Forum 10
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
L Effects of anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 2
L Relocation Anxiety/ Depression Depression Forum 6
bluestar ocean I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real Depression Forum 4
T Possible anxiety/depression? Depression Forum 1
C Fear of anxiety-induced depression Depression Forum 6
B Sports and depression / anxiety Depression Forum 3
L Starting to lose hope with my depression and anxiety Depression Forum 2
K Overwhelming regret from an anxiety riddled bad decision causing chronic depression Depression Forum 5
J anyone try magic mushrooms for there anxiety depression? or treatment besides medication? Depression Forum 10
S Anxiety and depression from past and not getting cured and dragged into more and more problems. Depression Forum 7
J What do u think about this problem with depression and anxiety returning? Depression Forum 1
A My Girlfriend (23F) has anxiety, depression, and is suicidal. How can I help her? Depression Forum 6
J what treatment snapped you out of sever anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 20
Charmayne Can Anxiety fuel Depression? Depression Forum 6
Tanya2020 Depression and anxiety Depression Forum 6
S Depression and anxiety affecting physical appearance Depression Forum 26
L Depression, anxiety maybe more? Depression Forum 5
L Severe depression and anxiety - what do you do for work? Depression Forum 11
Z I got kicked out of a liquor store... (adhd, caffeine addiction, anxiety, depression, depression) I DON’T understand why I can’t get over it... Depression Forum 3
wollie Depression and anxiety test Depression Forum 2
L I have suffered from anxiety and depression for nearly 14 years. Depression Forum 12