• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

J

JCPraha

Nothing is worse then the fear and panic attacks. It is really the absolute worse! It is really dreadful and terrifying. It sounds like Chopsy is somewhat stable now. At least no severe depression and terror, although not what you would like it to be. The anxiousness is also a terrible feeling, but not nearly so bad as shear terror.

A

AB1

Here, anxiety is leading to depression in the end! That's what I think. I’m married to my wonderful hubby. We've a four-year-old toddler called Aha. When my second pregnancy became an unexpected surprise, I became dispassionate and extremely sad! I was referred to a psychiatrist and later to a physiotherapy center in Mississauga. I was diagnosed with depression and the doctor suggested some physical therapy exercises and medicines, which helped a lot!

K

Kazzababe

I trust my doctor who has me on antidepressants, so i suffer depression.. But i know its never that simple i take medication but that doesnt stop anxiety issues or thoughts in the head x

S

SETHN

Thanks for sharing your story. I am facing similar issues with anxiety, depression & fatigue. Tried numerous psychotropics which made me feel even worse. I started searching for natural, effective remedy and have been taking CBD for the past 2 months. It has truly changed my life! Came across this fellow on Youtube and have decided to give it a try. My search is over, highly recommended.

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Where is the best place to get the best product?
m

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Thank you, rather out of my price range
m

Tosho

Tosho

Dear Mischief,

Thanks for sharing that article. I'm always interested in reading the views of others from many different viewpoints so I can try to maintain some objectivity and perspective in my own views.

In my experience [which cannot be generalized] anxiety and depression coexist and feed each other in a kind of vicious circle.

All good things to you and everyone! -- Tosho

F

FalaDush

Thank you all for sharing scientific information as well as personal experiences. It helps in trying to figure where you are.

From my personal experience, it starts with anxiety-->Stress -->Depression. It will start with a simple anxiety, trying to micro-analyse the future. Trying to make sense of the possibilities. Sometimes, this process spirals out of control to a point i cannot keep up with the thoughts that are in mind as well as the feelings that are being triggered as a result of those thoughts. That inability to keep up with my emotions or thoughts lead me to a stressful state. It ill go one for as long as i can bear it. When it becomes too much, when my emotional system or thought process is too overwhelmed, the whole system just shuts down as a fail safe. This is depression to me. A fail safe system that protects me from stress(unbearable emotions and thoughts). When depressed, i feel nothing but emptiness, there are no thoughts...This is just me

After you find some basic understanding to the meaning of anxiety/depression, try and figure out how your system works. We all work differently. It can be challenging to implement effective changes unless you understand your system.

T

Tcheby

Another couple of things that come into play I think are low self esteem and feelings of guilt. Those, on their own aren't considered as a disorder like depression or anxiety can be. Maybe more symptomatic. But when I experience either anxiety or depression, I'm liable to feel my esteem slide down and start saying to myself 'how stupid can I be', 'I ruined everyone's day', 'nobody likes me', 'it's all my fault', 'why do I do such stupid things', 'I wish everyone would just leave me alone'. That all spills over into my actions too, like not going to a party because I'm 'no good' and 'people don't like me'. Like the way depression feeds on anxiety, it also feeds on the guilt feelings and low esteem, which in turn feed on the depression and/or anxiety. I find that now when I start to get into that downward spiral I vehemently tell myself '#*&ck it, this is how I'm going to be - I don't care what anyone else thinks' and then try to really push that. It doesn't always work but has been quite liberating the times when it has.

Stardust2020

Stardust2020

I live with treatment resistant depression and an anxiety disorder simultaneously. I’ve been diagnosed with both. Humans are complex.
Good luck.

J

JCPraha

I live with the same, TRD and anxiety. It is quite terrible. I can definitely relate to your diagnosis. I hope you are handling it better than me. It is very rough.