• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Anxiety and Depression: Which one do I have?

O

Oscar7

Depression and anxiety sometimes go hand in hand, other times they are separate but difficult to distinguish. Me personally, I get quite bad anxiety and the over thinking and worrying can cause depression.

S

Safire

I have both it’s a Constant battle everyday and I find that people who don’t suffer with this tend to think it’s nothing and are not supportive at all as for the help I receive from my gp is also rubbish they just give you tablets and tell you too refer yourself to a therapist which you only see once a week.

S

Safire

I agree that both anxiety and depression both commonly coincide with each other. For me, the anxiety came first, really quickly followed by depression. Has anyone else experienced awful rage as well? I had no idea where it came from as I'm not an angry person. I had months of completely flipping out over nothing, then having breakdowns afterwards. My medication has only stopped the rages but my depression has worsened.
Thank god im not the only one lol my anger is really bad and it’s normally over nothing

M

MT1

It is hard to take decision by yourself that you have anxiety or depression. Your article is very good and it helps to determine what anxiety and depression is.