• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety and Depression, i don’t know what to do anymore

S

silvinha

i’ve been suffering with anxiety for a long time, but this past months have been hell. i started experiencing anxiety attacks that makes me believe i’ll die at any time and that i’ll always feel this way. and even thought the extreme panic sensation passes, my thoughts doesn’t.
i even started thinking that maybe it isn’t worth it living if i’m always gonna feel this way, because i don’t see an end to these feelings. but at the same time, i don’t want to hurt my family, even though i feel like a burden to them and i make them suffer anyways.
now, i’m not even able to eat, to go to work, to spend some fun times, i am just existing and i’m so tired. and it makes me more anxious, because i want to be able to have a normal life, but i just can’t.

does anyone feel like this? or if you did, were you able to get out of it? i just feel so hopeless

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome. I suffer GAD and phobia. I am seeing a therapist at present to help deal with the anxiety and panic. Have you spoken to a professional about this. I have just finished mindfulness and deep breathing. This has to be done every day to get benefit. I would speak to your doctor so that you can get treatment. I wish you look.

S

silvinha

Welcome. I suffer GAD and phobia. I am seeing a therapist at present to help deal with the anxiety and panic. Have you spoken to a professional about this. I have just finished mindfulness and deep breathing. This has to be done every day to get benefit. I would speak to your doctor so that you can get treatment. I wish you look.
thank you for replying! yes, ive been to the doctor a few times, but he doesn’t want me to start on medication because of my age (19), so i’m seen a therapist, that doesn’t really help me. i’m going to the doctors again on thursday, because i think medication is the right thing for me right now

Jolly

Jolly

Do you have a good relationship with your therapist, if not you may have to change him/her. How many times have you been xx

S

silvinha

i’ve been going since january. she is a very kind woman, but she doesn’t give me any tips. like i go there and i’ll tell her about my day, and that i’m feeling anxious lately (maybe i don’t tell her all the details and it’s my fault), but she just says i have to calm down, that nothing bad is going to happen and that i’ll be okay. but i don’t know how i’m going to be okay.

i’ve been thinking about finding a new one, but i don’t know if therapy is just not for me

Jolly

Jolly

You have to be open and completely honest with her. It is very hard for the therapist if you don’t tell her everything. Maybe write a timeline. I do mindfulness at the moment and will be moving on. I think it is hard going when you have to do homework. Mine is really good. Try mindfulness and writing down a timeline so she has a better idea. X

S

silvinha

okay, i’ll try that. i’m curious about mindfulness, but i don’t know where to start, but till try my best,. thank you for your advice xx

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

i’ve been suffering with anxiety for a long time, but this past months have been hell. i started experiencing anxiety attacks that makes me believe i’ll die at any time and that i’ll always feel this way. and even thought the extreme panic sensation passes, my thoughts doesn’t.
i even started thinking that maybe it isn’t worth it living if i’m always gonna feel this way, because i don’t see an end to these feelings. but at the same time, i don’t want to hurt my family, even though i feel like a burden to them and i make them suffer anyways.
now, i’m not even able to eat, to go to work, to spend some fun times, i am just existing and i’m so tired. and it makes me more anxious, because i want to be able to have a normal life, but i just can’t.

does anyone feel like this? or if you did, were you able to get out of it? i just feel so hopeless
Yes, I have felt like that and eventually I got past it. It always ends, eventually. That is your saving grace to hang onto.

Anxiety/Depression is a terrible 1-2 punch, many of us in this forum deal with it. I used to wonder when my life turned downward and stopped being filled with Joy, like it was when I was a kid.

If you have access to therapy, great. That helps. So can exercise, diet, meditation/breathing, trying to get good sleep and medication. There is no one solution, you have to attack it on all fronts. But there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, so don't give up hope. Most of us here have been there and made it through. You can as well.

Empish

Empish

Hi,
I suffered from social phobia and social anxiety disorder for a long time and the reason I found it so difficult to overcome was because I have 2 food intolerances. It wasn't until I was 45 that I worked out what I was intolerant to.

First I will tell you what I found helpful while I was suffering with the panic and anxiety....YOGA! and the best yoga that worked for me is a book called 'Yoga for Women' by Shakta Kaur Khalsa. You don't have to do all the sequences in the book..I just did the warm ups and the especially for women sequence plus two other poses that are particularly good for anxiety ( Triangle and cobra). There are also hundreds of youtube videos showing different sequences for anxiety and depression. There is a good one I use called Yoga for Vata balance. If one doesn't work for you then try another. Mindfulness also is good.

Aromatherapy is also very helpful (it's not about just smelling the oils, you can massage them into your body or use them in the bath). You have to look up how to use the right amount though as they can be very strong and make you feel very off if you use too much. The four oils I found helped me where bergamot and geranium. Lavender is also good but can be too sedating for people who also have depression. Bergamot is also good for depression as well as anxiety.
I find the easiest way to use them is to just put 2-3 drops into any carrier oil ( about 2 -3 teaspoons of almond or olive or sunflower will do) and then massage it into my abdomen, lower back, thighs. Make sure you rub it all in until the skin is dry so you get all the essential oil into your blood stream. Experiment and see which suits you.

S

silvinha

Yes, I have felt like that and eventually I got past it. It always ends, eventually. That is your saving grace to hang onto.

Anxiety/Depression is a terrible 1-2 punch, many of us in this forum deal with it. I used to wonder when my life turned downward and stopped being filled with Joy, like it was when I was a kid.

If you have access to therapy, great. That helps. So can exercise, diet, meditation/breathing, trying to get good sleep and medication. There is no one solution, you have to attack it on all fronts. But there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, so don't give up hope. Most of us here have been there and made it through. You can as well.
thank you for replying. you give me some hope. i try to remind myself that a lot of people feel like this and a lot of them got through it, but there’s a lot of other people that couldn’t, and i’m scared of being one of them. i definitely don’t wanna die, but sometimes i wish i didn’t exist, it seems like a never-ending story. but thank you so much for your reply, i’ll keep trying!

S

silvinha

Hi,
I suffered from social phobia and social anxiety disorder for a long time and the reason I found it so difficult to overcome was because I have 2 food intolerances. It wasn't until I was 45 that I worked out what I was intolerant to.

First I will tell you what I found helpful while I was suffering with the panic and anxiety....YOGA! and the best yoga that worked for me is a book called 'Yoga for Women' by Shakta Kaur Khalsa. You don't have to do all the sequences in the book..I just did the warm ups and the especially for women sequence plus two other poses that are particularly good for anxiety ( Triangle and cobra). There are also hundreds of youtube videos showing different sequences for anxiety and depression. There is a good one I use called Yoga for Vata balance. If one doesn't work for you then try another. Mindfulness also is good.

Aromatherapy is also very helpful (it's not about just smelling the oils, you can massage them into your body or use them in the bath). You have to look up how to use the right amount though as they can be very strong and make you feel very off if you use too much. The four oils I found helped me where bergamot and geranium. Lavender is also good but can be too sedating for people who also have depression. Bergamot is also good for depression as well as anxiety.
I find the easiest way to use them is to just put 2-3 drops into any carrier oil ( about 2 -3 teaspoons of almond or olive or sunflower will do) and then massage it into my abdomen, lower back, thighs. Make sure you rub it all in until the skin is dry so you get all the essential oil into your blood stream. Experiment and see which suits you.
thank you for replying!! i’ve been doing yoga for a while, Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube, but i’ll definitely check on the ones you mentioned, i noticed that walking and moving my body has helped me sometimes.

i also use lavender oil sometimes, i put a few drops on my pillow before i go to sleep, but i’ll try doing what you said, maybe it’ll help.

i’ll learn more about it. thank you so much for your help!

Empish

Empish

thank you for replying!! i’ve been doing yoga for a while, Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube, but i’ll definitely check on the ones you mentioned, i noticed that walking and moving my body has helped me sometimes.

i also use lavender oil sometimes, i put a few drops on my pillow before i go to sleep, but i’ll try doing what you said, maybe it’ll help.

i’ll learn more about it. thank you so much for your help!
You are very welcome!