• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

anxiety and depression, does it ever end??

S

silvinha

hey, everyone

i’ve struggled with anxiety my whole life, but these past months have been hell. i am having anxiety attacks, i can’t attend to my class or do exams. every time i go out i feel anxious and scared of having another panic attack or pass out, i can’t enjoy anything.

and this, i think it led me to depression. lately i’ve been having these thoughts that i am going to be stuck like this forever, i don’t see a way out, and if life is going to be like this, is it worth living?? i’m not able to think about my future, i see my friends and family evolving and i’m here, stuck, and i can’t imagine a future with me on it.

and these thoughts scare me so much that a lot of times send me into another anxiety attack, and the cycle begins again.

has anyone experienced this and is okay now?? is it posible to recover?

i don’t wanna die, but i don’t wanna live like this either

jajingna

jajingna

Have you talked to a doctor? Some medication might help.

S

silvinha

Have you talked to a doctor? Some medication might help.
they gave me some anxiety medication but they don’t want me to go on treatment because of my age (19) but i think that i really need it to keep going. i have an appointment tomorrow and i’ll ask him about depression as well, because i think that what is making me more depressed is the medication that he already gave me

GTP

GTP

they gave me some anxiety medication but they don’t want me to go on treatment because of my age (19) but i think that i really need it to keep going. i have an appointment tomorrow and i’ll ask him about depression as well, because i think that what is making me more depressed is the medication that he already gave me
Ever tried telling yourself "It will be alright. Don't worry." ? (in your own language, of course). Positive self-talk works.

S

silvinha

yeah, i try to think positive, but it is hard for me. i’m starting a list of things worth living for, but finding motivation is getting hard

GTP

GTP

I don't want to get big on giving advice, but try to find a good reason or "why?" rather than a "what?" as motivation.

R

RubyMatilda

I have suffered from depression most of my life, I’m 47 now, and most of the people I know do not understand or appreciate my condition. My friend recommended me Dr. Mitra at BH Acuhealth who treats depression with Acupuncture. I was happy that they motivated me.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Depression... and anxiety? Depression Forum 9
whyme88 Anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 7
W My Partner Suffers from Depression & Anxiety Depression Forum 6
LostNorthernStar Physical Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety? Depression Forum 12
A What is your bigger struggle, depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 53
D Why do I seemingly not want to get better? Loneliness, failing university, depression, severe anxiety, and not doing anything about it Depression Forum 7
T Depression and Anxiety - possibly triggered by medication Depression Forum 1
F Sleep and Anxiety / Depression Depression Forum 5
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 Depression/Anxiety - never ending emotional rollercoaster you DONT want to be on. Depression Forum 3
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
J Depression with Anxiety Depression Forum 10
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
L Effects of anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 2
L Relocation Anxiety/ Depression Depression Forum 6
BLUESTAR009 I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real Depression Forum 4
T Possible anxiety/depression? Depression Forum 1
C Fear of anxiety-induced depression Depression Forum 6
E Anxiety Depression Forum 4
M My dad has now caused me to get anxiety attacks Depression Forum 5
P Worry-Anxiety-Trapped Depression Forum 2
W finally not depressed anymore but anxiety is murdering me Depression Forum 7
Murasakibee Christmas Anxiety *tw* Depression Forum 1
H Insomnia and anxiety from starting anti-depressant. Suggestions??? Depression Forum 6
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
D Depressed because of social anxiety, thinking about suicide to escape the feelings Depression Forum 8
G Anxiety bipolar Depression Forum 5
Bluebox11 Anxiety and feeling on edge Depression Forum 10
G My social anxiety makes me seem rude Depression Forum 8
L Job Worries Anxiety Depression Forum 4
T Tips for people in financial anxiety Depression Forum 1
L How did you start to deal with depression? Depression Forum 7
F Coping with depression Depression Forum 5
BONE Depression Quote... Depression Forum 1
BONE A Quote On Depression... Depression Forum 1
T Does anyone actually beat depression? Depression Forum 19
J [GUIDE] A guide to help cure your depression. Depression Forum 9
V Depression Depression Forum 16
H Supporting someone with depression Depression Forum 2
MeAndMyDepression Examples of weakening the meaning of the word "depression" Depression Forum 23
W How do you motivate yourself when you have depression? Depression Forum 8
Carol1952 Depression Depression Forum 8
W My head is buzzing with agitation and depression!! Depression Forum 3
Peaceful Warrior A Biologist about depression and our world view Depression Forum 5
Wishbone Depression related: Do you have Asthma or Allergies? Depression Forum 5
Z Is this depression? Depression Forum 9
P Helping/supporting my girlfriend who has depression Depression Forum 3