• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

anxiety and depression, does it ever end??

S

silvinha

hey, everyone

i’ve struggled with anxiety my whole life, but these past months have been hell. i am having anxiety attacks, i can’t attend to my class or do exams. every time i go out i feel anxious and scared of having another panic attack or pass out, i can’t enjoy anything.

and this, i think it led me to depression. lately i’ve been having these thoughts that i am going to be stuck like this forever, i don’t see a way out, and if life is going to be like this, is it worth living?? i’m not able to think about my future, i see my friends and family evolving and i’m here, stuck, and i can’t imagine a future with me on it.

and these thoughts scare me so much that a lot of times send me into another anxiety attack, and the cycle begins again.

has anyone experienced this and is okay now?? is it posible to recover?

i don’t wanna die, but i don’t wanna live like this either

jajingna

jajingna

Have you talked to a doctor? Some medication might help.

S

silvinha

Have you talked to a doctor? Some medication might help.
they gave me some anxiety medication but they don’t want me to go on treatment because of my age (19) but i think that i really need it to keep going. i have an appointment tomorrow and i’ll ask him about depression as well, because i think that what is making me more depressed is the medication that he already gave me

GTP

GTP

they gave me some anxiety medication but they don’t want me to go on treatment because of my age (19) but i think that i really need it to keep going. i have an appointment tomorrow and i’ll ask him about depression as well, because i think that what is making me more depressed is the medication that he already gave me
Ever tried telling yourself "It will be alright. Don't worry." ? (in your own language, of course). Positive self-talk works.

S

silvinha

yeah, i try to think positive, but it is hard for me. i’m starting a list of things worth living for, but finding motivation is getting hard

GTP

GTP

I don't want to get big on giving advice, but try to find a good reason or "why?" rather than a "what?" as motivation.

R

RubyMatilda

I have suffered from depression most of my life, I’m 47 now, and most of the people I know do not understand or appreciate my condition. My friend recommended me Dr. Mitra at BH Acuhealth who treats depression with Acupuncture. I was happy that they motivated me.

L

Lucy123

hey, everyone

i’ve struggled with anxiety my whole life, but these past months have been hell. i am having anxiety attacks, i can’t attend to my class or do exams. every time i go out i feel anxious and scared of having another panic attack or pass out, i can’t enjoy anything.

and this, i think it led me to depression. lately i’ve been having these thoughts that i am going to be stuck like this forever, i don’t see a way out, and if life is going to be like this, is it worth living?? i’m not able to think about my future, i see my friends and family evolving and i’m here, stuck, and i can’t imagine a future with me on it.

and these thoughts scare me so much that a lot of times send me into another anxiety attack, and the cycle begins again.

has anyone experienced this and is okay now?? is it posible to recover?

i don’t wanna die, but i don’t wanna live like this either

L

Lucy123

The Doctor will be able to prescribe a good medication that works for you. In the mean time you can download a free app called headspace, it’s for meditation and you can do 5,10 or 15 minutes. Also when you feel your mind is starting to think negatively play a song you can sing along. All these tools were given to me by my psychologist and it really has helped me. I was having anxiety attacks at work and didn’t want to attend meetings. If you can afford it, try to go to a few talk therapies, if not you can go to you tube and search for mindfulness meditation. Also trying a hobby will help with your negative thoughts. You won’t be able to have anxious thoughts while singing or doing some type of craft. I can assure you, there is always light at the end of the tunnel and it will get better. You are just going through a hard patch.

L

Lucy123

I have suffered from depression most of my life, I’m 47 now, and most of the people I know do not understand or appreciate my condition. My friend recommended me Dr. Mitra at BH Acuhealth who treats depression with Acupuncture. I was happy that they motivated me.
I did not notice your post was from May, can you tell me how you’ve been feeling?