• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety About Going to Class Today

valleygirl

valleygirl

In other posts I have talked about how stressed I am about my Interpersonal Communications class, and how I feel intimidated by my prof. Well, today I am even more nervous, because the friend I usually go to class with is sick, so she won't be coming today (I usually pick her up and we go together). I am so nervous around my prof that I stammer over my words and I can't get anything intelligent out of my mouth. And now I actually have to talk to her one-on-one, face to face, and tell her why my friend isn't in class. I know this doesn't sound like that big a deal, but I am terrified of my prof.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

It's a big deal to you, so that's what matters. Besides from my point of view it's a big deal because of how anxious it can make you feel :hug:
I hope you can get through the class.

valleygirl

valleygirl

For the second time my prof said she saw a lot of expressions on my face and asked me what I was thinking. I really hate that my face is such an open book. Part of me wants to ask her what expressions she thinks she sees. I'm starting to feel paranoid about what, and how much, my face is telling people.