Anxiety about eating

G

George10111

Eating has become such a chore and a game of restriction. I have had a bad ED for a few years, severe yoyo dieting. Now every time I eat I'm literally never satisfied. Eating is just a tease for me so I try to eat as fast as I can because eating slowly makes it worse. After a two week binge eating 'normally' does not even come close to satiation but I have no choice unless I want to gain weight. I've tried everything under the sky, eating healthier, eating filling foods and even allowing myself to binge every once in awhile but nothing helps. I've pretty much learned to deal with feeling hungry to borderline starved all the damn time but it really gets to me sometimes. I wish I could just eat like a normal person, eat a normal amount and be filled for x amount of hours and I've tried so hard to train myself but nothing is helping. Its so frustrating. One thing that really flusters me is constantly seeing other people enjoy food, hearing people chew and seeing food all the time in my house. My mom leaves delicious snacks out everywhere so that doesn't help at all either.

Last edited:
G

George10111

I've gone far enough to even take appetite suppressing herbs. These herbs do a lot of good and they fight appetite but they stopped working. My indigenous appetite somehow fought through. Yes its that much of a problem. If I ate every single time I felt hungry I'd be an elephant. I've had to really restrain myself and it takes all my willpower day in day out. Please help

Last edited:
H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
are you physically hungry or is it a mental thing? it can be hard to tell. have you seen a doc to see if you have a physical issue going on?

G

George10111

Hi Helena1. Honestly its hard to tell. I've looked up symptoms and it narrows down to three things, depression-anxiety, thyroid disorder, and hypoglycemia. It gets to a point where even if I had a massive meal, within four hours I'm famished again and if I don't eat I feel weak, become lightheaded and I get rancid breath, after only four hours. A 'normal' meal only sustains me for an hour or two before the same symptoms surface. It has effected my life, my work, and my happiness for much too long now. A lot of people tell my the mind is a powerful thing and you can trick yourself into being hungry. Either that or my stomach acids aren't working properly and I'm literally getting no nutrients.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
so have you gotten checked out then?

G

George10111

I once explained my symptoms to my doctor and he told me not to worry about it but I haven't actually gotten checked out.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
good, some are total plonks, especially with EDs. some times you have to be quite pushy, but it is worth preserving in case it is a physical issue.

Boring

Boring

you might need professional help, george. i think a dietitian might be able to help. you might not be getting satisfaction because something might be different with your taste buds.

but honestly, try to appreciate your diet. maybe binge-eating is your norm? and so work with it, instead of against it, i guess. sometimes you shouldn't try to change yourself, just so that you can be like other people, when that attempt can cause you more harm than good.

G

George10111

The doctor basically told me its normal for young adults to want to 'indulge' and just to keep it to a minimum. WTH? Anyway going to eat as normally as I can. Its going to be hard to find a good line between overindulgence and restriction.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Hopefully you can get a grip on the eating soon, maybe you are restricting and that is making you binge? Are you putting on a lot of weight?