• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety About Benefits

D

DanOs

Does anyone else claim ESA for their mental health issues? Do you get very anxious the day before you benefit is due to go in your bank? I do and worry it might not go in for some reason. It always does but I cannot shake the anxiety, fear and stress that comes the day before.

How do you cope with it if you suffer this?

Also there are a lot of scare stories in the media right now about the DWP monitoring you (social media , bank accounts etc) if you claim benefits. I try and stay away from these stories.

Z

Zoe1

if it doesn't go into your bank account
you need to contact the Citizens Advice Bureau
who can get it put back on

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Moving out with band mate anxiety Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
KyussEatsTheSun Obtaining SSDI for anxiety/depression Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Ghost_Owl Anxiety Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F New job and anxiety problem Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
J UC Training Course Anxiety Attack Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
BillFish Duncan Smith keen to serious reduce the numbers off work with anxiety and depression Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 61
S Anxiety / housing / counselling Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
I Anxiety and Mandtory Jobcentre schemes Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
L part time study with full time depression and anxiety Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
C Asperger's, Anxiety, Depression and ESA work related group. Few questions Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
J Anxiety And ESA Help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
W Driving to help anxiety Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
L Anxiety and confidence really effecting me at work. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
D Mortgage on benefits ?? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R broadband for people on benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 17
R benefits and peoples opinion Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
D Benefits fraud Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
daffy Guide to pip benefits and claiming Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Anime-Alchemy Benefits money and use Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
D Schizoaffective and on £990 a month benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 108
Z I've had my benefits reduced ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 62
D Double edged sword - work and benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
Funnyday Degree course and benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Funnyday Benefits and Student finance Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
L Benefits for mentally ill in UK and living on my own. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Funnyday Moving and Benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Z benefits news from the I paper today Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
Fairy Lucretia suporting letter for benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
I Benefits Guilt Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 43
F Benefits system causing ‘unneccesary distress’ to people with mental health problems, report says Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
F Mentally ill people more at risk of losing benefits, study shows Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S Horror, benefits, all advice welcome, thanks Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
N I told my named nurse that I'm worried about losing my disability benefits if I'm seen as well. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
AliceinWonderland To Those Who Think it 'Must be nice to be on Benefits/Disability' - stigma and prejudice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
I Benefits question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
Fairy Lucretia if i don't get my benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Artmuzz Welfare benefits when sharing flat with friend Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
S Mental Health is better so I want to try volunteering but am afraid of losing my benefits! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
H Benefits entitlement Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
F advice on hospital rules and benefits available to me Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
J I have bipolar disorder and have been denied from disability benefits, what should I do ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B Applied for Unemployment Benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
L The people with mental health problems that are being stripped of their benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Not_Crazy_Yet I lost my Ebt foodstamps benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
Heart_moon Receiving E.S.A. support group Benefits - but not unwell enough to get P.I.P. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
N causing chaos because of benefits. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Disability benefits: PIPs assessment firms 'to get extra £200m' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
P Can anyone help please? uni and taking a year out- benefits? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
cpuusage DWP 'tells disability benefits assessors to discriminate against people with mental health conditions' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
H Son wont leave the house to claim benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2