• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Antisocial

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Does any one else with a fear of people and crowded places get told your just antisocial? It makes me feel terrible.

F

fiora

Hey, I’m new here, but I get that. Crowds can be intimidating. Whoever tells you you’re antisocial, clearly does not know what social anxiety feels like.

K

Keesha

Does any one else with a fear of people and crowded places get told your just antisocial? It makes me feel terrible.
Nope. Im not around people enough to hear that? :rofl2:

Technically that’s not true. We have dinner parties quite often which always turn out very well however I do normally prefer my own company.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Well I'm technically only around 1 person and am a homebody but he gets upset that I never wanna go anywhere I just can't

K

Keyboard Worrier

Some people who have not experienced social anxiety themselves have a lack of empathy towards people who do... I think it's important to keep that in mind and it can help to relieve the bad feeling about not wanting to go out. I think sometimes people with social anxiety think there is something wrong with us. There isn't anything necessarily anything wrong, we are just wired differently. Everyone on the planet is wired differently. I hope this helps.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Thanks. I think I got approved for a house alone that way I will no longer be a nuisance to anyone else bc of my anxiety and schizophrenia. I know I must burden others as well as his lack of understanding.