• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Antipsychotics deminished my creativity and imagination

J

Jimdap

My creativity and imagination is gone as result on being on antipsychotics, i have no fantasy, no daydreaming and my thoughts has slowed down. Anyone know to reverse this? i have talked to my doc and psychiatrist and they have no clue what to do. They didn't even warn me about this side effect when they gave me meds. Hope someone here knows what to do about this.

Kerome

Kerome

A lower dose of antipsychotics can help, or a change in the type of medication. I've had both, and I used to suffer from the same, and it has helped me quite a bit, although I still don't feel as driven or as imaginative as I used to do.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

In my experience, anti-psychotics have proven to have little, if any, therapeutic application.

I find them not life-enhancing, but life-negating :)

D

Deliah

Hello, I sorry you are having this experience. Have you considered that there maybe another way to manage your experience which doesn't involved the absence of creativity. I have learnt to live in acceptance of myself and my changing experience and I can do it without meds. I f you're not already aware of him, you may want to take a look at Rufus Mays website. He uses mindfulness and dialoguing. He is well know for what he does, but there are also other people practicing the way he does. I have had two such people guiding me. love to you D x