• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Antipsychotic drugs are really getting me down

S

seriouslydisturbed

I'm spending my whole time depressed and unable to do anything. I've seen some great ideas for making money but i just don't have the drive to get out of bed in the morning and make things happen.

Well I have another 8 months of taking my injections (which will be 2 years total) until the pdoc will start reducing my dose with the plan to get off. If this doesn't work out which i am expecting a relapse as i've had 5 episodes then I feel I am left with no choice but to refuse meds and be non compliant.

nocturne

nocturne

Think these types of trajectories have to be taken with carfull thinking.
About three years ago I went none compliant and ended up getting sectioned, now monthly injections are what I'm left with.
Expect to be on some type of medication for the rest of my life.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O A psychiatrist thinks some patients are better off without antipsychotic drugs Schizophrenia Forum 8
F Study: Use of antipsychotic drugs improves life expectancy for individuals with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
O 'Antipsychotic drugs made me want to kill myself' Schizophrenia Forum 7
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Can you take your antipsychotic meds with other vitamins and supplements at the same time. Schizophrenia Forum 4
S Antipsychotic Medication Side Effects Schizophrenia Forum 18
W Question for those who were on antipsychotic Schizophrenia Forum 3
lavenderfire The Best Med: What Is The Best Antipsychotic For Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 7
M Tapered my antipsychotic as per doctor's orders; feeling great! Schizophrenia Forum 1
lifecangetbetter how much has your life been improved since you've went on an antipsychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 17
L Quick update: just lowered my antipsychotic! Schizophrenia Forum 7
L Antipsychotic and loss of conversation skills? Schizophrenia Forum 6
L Antipsychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 4
2 Dual antipsychotic treatment Schizophrenia Forum 23
H Stimulant and antipsychotic medication experiences? Schizophrenia Forum 9
Ivory_NK Horrible Antipsychotic Dilemma Schizophrenia Forum 3
A antipsychotic that stimulates? Schizophrenia Forum 3
C Had to up my dose of antipsychotic medication Schizophrenia Forum 3
C Coming off antipsychotic medication Schizophrenia Forum 4
F A 20-Year Multi-Followup Longitudinal Study Assessing Whether Antipsychotic Medications Contribute to Work Functioning in Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
F Stability and development of psychotic symptoms and the use of antipsychotic medication - long-term follow-up. Schizophrenia Forum 7
cpuusage Lifetime antipsychotic medication and cognitive performance in schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
N If I went to prison would I still be forced to take Antipsychotic medication. Schizophrenia Forum 55
cpuusage Antipsychotic Medication Study Focuses on Patient Experiences Schizophrenia Forum 3
F Lifetime antipsychotic medication and cognitive performance in schizophrenia at age 43 years in a general population birth cohort Schizophrenia Forum 1
N Can antipsychotic medicine be the cause of psychosis? Schizophrenia Forum 4
LORD BURT Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an antipsychotic drug Schizophrenia Forum 28
F Symptoms, functioning and coping strategies in individuals with schizophrenia spectrum disorders who do not take antipsychotic medication: a comparati Schizophrenia Forum 2
F Long-term Antipsychotic Treatment: Effective and Often Necessary, with Caveats Schizophrenia Forum 49
cpuusage Antipsychotic Maintenance Treatment: Time to Rethink? Schizophrenia Forum 1
O Would having had psychosis in the past, and still taking an antipsychotic prevent me from getting a London Private Hire Driver License? Schizophrenia Forum 2
F Treatment resistant or resistant to treatment? Antipsychotic plasma levels in patients with poorly controlled psychotic symptoms. Schizophrenia Forum 1
F A Multimodal Analysis of Antipsychotic Effects on Brain Structure and Function in First-Episode Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Bogus diagnosis? Long term use of antipsychotic drug to induce psychosis? Schizophrenia Forum 12
cpuusage New Reports Question Long-Term Antipsychotic Use, Cite Need for Personalized Services Schizophrenia Forum 384
F The effect of lifetime adversities on resistance to antipsychotic treatment in schizophrenia patients Schizophrenia Forum 3
P Constipation induced antipsychotic Schizophrenia Forum 12
F Does treatment of schizophrenia with antipsychotic medications eliminate or reduce psychosis? A 20-year multi-follow-up study Schizophrenia Forum 2
O Antipsychotic drug use is making me stupid Schizophrenia Forum 4
Mr.NiceGuy Would the world be better if we were nicer to each other about illicit drugs? Schizophrenia Forum 22
THE MANDALORIAN Are you on drugs? Schizophrenia Forum 24
P How many of you took drugs? Schizophrenia Forum 25
D What do anti-psychotic drugs do to you? Schizophrenia Forum 3
4 recreational drugs? Schizophrenia Forum 3
F Study shows contrasting long-term cognitive effects of psychiatric drugs in schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 3
S drugs that never did anything Schizophrenia Forum 2
D unknown nature on Negative symptoms, Provocative test with psychostimulant drugs Schizophrenia Forum 4
telekinesis Schizophrenia Voices - If i stop Self-Medicating with drugs will the voices get worst or better? Schizophrenia Forum 4
cpuusage Don't use John Nash to promote the use of anti-psychotic drugs Schizophrenia Forum 7
S I wonder if I would of been better off if the drugs didn't work on me ? Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage treating-acute-psychosis-with-drugs-can-prolong-the-anguish? Schizophrenia Forum 1