• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Antidepressants

Q

queerghost

Do antidepressants help? My main concern is all the side effects they have but if they do help people who have depression get their lives back then I suppose they are beneficial.

N

Nate

Do antidepressants help? My main concern is all the side effects they have but if they do help people who have depression get their lives back then I suppose they are beneficial.
I know that I take Prozac and it works great. I also take lithium to help me with suicidel thoughts.

Q

queerghost

Thanks for responding. I’m struggling everyday even to do basic tasks and Ik I can’t continue like this but antidepressants scare me a little.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

they work for some people and not so well for others some people find a combination of talking therapy and medication helpful
i would give them a try ,there is nothing to be scared about i have been taking them for years x

Q

queerghost

they work for some people and not so well for others some people find a combination of talking therapy and medication helpful
i would give them a try ,there is nothing to be scared about i have been taking them for years x
Thanks so much for the advice I’ll talk to my therapist and figure out what would work best for me

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I find an antidepressant takes the edge of my low mood. Without it, I dip too low and become unstable. Everybody reacts to antidepressants in different ways and some people do not feel any side effects. I think it is worth a try.

Q

queerghost

I find an antidepressant takes the edge of my low mood. Without it, I dip too low and become unstable. Everybody reacts to antidepressants in different ways and some people do not feel any side effects. I think it is worth a try.
Thanks for the advice it’s something I’ve been wanting to try even if it helps me just feel a little better and makes be able to complete daily tasks and feel motivated.