• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Antidepressants help me decide

R

Rhiannon_m

So I have until Friday to decide if I want to go on antidepressants and I don't know if I should go on it or not. I have been on them before but that was a few years ago now. I don't know if I should go back on them...

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Did they help, the last time you took them?

Though even if they didn't, they might try you on something new this time.

I've never been on them so can't really advise.

I hope you make a decision that's right for you, and that you feel better soon whatever you decide. xx

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
why do you have to decide by friday? if you have an appt then you can get the script and decide later.

R

Rhiannon_m

It isn't with the doctors it is at Mental health, she said she will give me a ring on Friday to see if I have chosen what I want to do.

R

Rhiannon_m

At the beginning it made me very suicidal and I don't think it worked so if I decide to go on them I'll ask for different ones and thank you :)