• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Antidepressants emotion numb

M

Mikefeelbad

Feeling not like myself.... Will it go away? So scare...

S

SparkleNerd

I was on antidepressants for years and at first, I felt numb. But after a while, the numbness went away. I still felt emotions and even still got depressed at times. It was just not as bad. And it helped me come out of the depressive moods more easily and I had them less.

M

Mikefeelbad

I was on antidepressants for years and at first, I felt numb. But after a while, the numbness went away. I still felt emotions and even still got depressed at times. It was just not as bad. And it helped me come out of the depressive moods more easily and I had them less.
How long does it last, I scare that I will develop schizophrenia negative symptoms....

M

Mikefeelbad

Emotion numb can make someone think less?

S

SparkleNerd

Hm. The numbness lasted about 3 weeks. Basically just as it's getting into your system

M

Mikefeelbad

Hm. The numbness lasted about 3 weeks. Basically just as it's getting into your system
Too weird for me, Ate pristiq one month pristiq and added zoloft since 28th, seem like detach to the world...

S

SparkleNerd

Medication doesn't work for everyone. And the same medications don't work for everyone. I know a lot of people for whom meds did not work. They just happened to be the right fit for me. You need to talk to your doctor. Even something else you are taking could effect it

M

Mikefeelbad

Medication doesn't work for everyone. And the same medications don't work for everyone. I know a lot of people for whom meds did not work. They just happened to be the right fit for me. You need to talk to your doctor. Even something else you are taking could effect it
Maybe it is good for me, I am extremely fear I will get schizophrenia.My doctor said that I am not. I hope that I will get better few days later.
It worked on me one year ago, I believe that it can also work this time.