• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this?

S

Stilltrying

i suffer bad anxiety and depression. i would say mostly anxiety and i have found some really use information. apparently alot of people with anxiety disorders may have abnormal activity in there temporal lobe of there brain and being put on lamictal or tegratol can in some people really really help there mood and anxiety. has anyone had luck with an antiseizure med for there anxiety? i know its mainly for seizures but off label it can work wonders apparently.

Mal84

Mal84

I take Tegratol/Carbamazepine as a mood stabiliser and it has done wonders for me but I need to up my dose slightly as some affects have weared off a little.

Remember though that it will affect different people in different ways.

S

Stilltrying

I take Tegratol/Carbamazepine as a mood stabiliser and it has done wonders for me but I need to up my dose slightly as some affects have weared off a little.

Remember though that it will affect different people in different ways.
yes i agree we all are different. one effect might not have the same on another person. ill be talking to my doctor about an anti convulsant med like tegratol or lamictal to try with my doctor. they can have a posative effect on anxiety. did you try ssris like me first with no luck? what was your life like before you got on tegratol

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I take lamotrigine, but not for anxiety. I do find it very relaxing and it helps me sleep. I used to panic about checking windows were closed and over off, and would do this several times before going out/to bed, and i don't do that anymore.

Some people don't get on with it though.

Faith198

Faith198

I almost want to ask about taking something like this because my anxiety is so bad that I feel meds aren’t helping much at this point. I saw someone else saying Gabapentin helps them