• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Anti depressants

N

nevaeh

I have recently taken to taking my antidepressant first thing in the morning and I have to say I feel really good today motivated alive and "normal" as normal as that is. Anyway I just wanted to share this with you all. I am also finding im not feeling so numb. I really hope this feeling will last ! :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Sounds really good Nevaeh. I'm glad that this is working for you. What AD are you on?

I take my big dose of one of my AD's in the morning and a smaller dose of it in the evening - unfortunately I haven't found the same sort of response as you've had. I do envy that you are feeling less numb! Take care and may the good feelings last!

N

nevaeh

Hey Honey quince

Im on 20mg of Fluoxetine it took a couple of weeks to start working though and its only really today that I have felt a major improvement. What AD's are you on?

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there,

I was also on fluoxetine but unfortunately it didn't have any effect on me. I'm currently on a cocktail of drugs... Venlafaxine, Mirtazapine, Lithium and Flupentixol which, I have to admit are having a positive effect (at least at the moment they are :D - I'm a bit up and down at the mo and a couple of weeks ago was right on the edge - eek!).

Take care!
Honey