• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Anti depressants

N

nevaeh

I have recently taken to taking my antidepressant first thing in the morning and I have to say I feel really good today motivated alive and "normal" as normal as that is. Anyway I just wanted to share this with you all. I am also finding im not feeling so numb. I really hope this feeling will last ! :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Sounds really good Nevaeh. I'm glad that this is working for you. What AD are you on?

I take my big dose of one of my AD's in the morning and a smaller dose of it in the evening - unfortunately I haven't found the same sort of response as you've had. I do envy that you are feeling less numb! Take care and may the good feelings last!

N

nevaeh

Hey Honey quince

Im on 20mg of Fluoxetine it took a couple of weeks to start working though and its only really today that I have felt a major improvement. What AD's are you on?

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there,

I was also on fluoxetine but unfortunately it didn't have any effect on me. I'm currently on a cocktail of drugs... Venlafaxine, Mirtazapine, Lithium and Flupentixol which, I have to admit are having a positive effect (at least at the moment they are :D - I'm a bit up and down at the mo and a couple of weeks ago was right on the edge - eek!).

Take care!
Honey

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Anxiety and anti depressants Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
M I got off sleeping pills and getting off anti-depressants! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
T Anti Depressants Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
D Making the case against anti depressants in Parliament Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
Nikita Seven things that happen when you stop taking anti-depressants. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
D Stopping anti-depressants for a week Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Do anti depressants cause brain damage? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
A Anti-Depressants May Be Doing More Harm Than Good (ya think?) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
G Anti Alcohol meds to help with manic behaviour Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
BEASTMODEWARRIOR anti psychotics and weight gain, boost up your metabolism to lose weight, i have a video that help me and i apply to my nutrition. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
T I am going to be discharged from cmht to gp, am i allowed to come off the anti psychotic medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Shana09 I have been off my anti-psychotics (Quetiapine) for about 14 weeks now and... Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
S Best Anti-Psychotic Med.... I need advice. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
M Prolonged treatment with anti-psychotics Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
Mal84 Mood stabiliser without anti depressant. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
H Weight loss on withdrawal from Anti-Psychotics Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
dangergone Anti-psychotics and Weight Gain Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
H Anti Anxiety Medication Advice please! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
H Anti-Psychotics and Psychiatry Consensus Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 0
H If refuse continuation of Anti-psychotic would you get sectioned? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
R Advice: Anti-Psychotic. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Anti psychotic side effect. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
B Vortioxetine - The new Anti Depressant Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
9 Anti psychotic meds, thinking of coming off them Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
F Anti-psychotic medication for children could have lasting effects, research suggests Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
i_must_be_mad Weight gain side effect anti psychotic medications Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
S How much do anti-psychotics kill Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 68
O Anti-psychotic Risperidone Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
C 10 Things you should know about anti psychotics Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
S Anybody take anti-psychotics off label for a non-psychotic disorder? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
subvertedeye Will I ever get off anti-psychotics? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 28
F Mental health trust trials world’s first anti-psychotic patch Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
cpuusage anti-psychotics for life Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 19
P Did anyone else loose their enjoyment of life whilst on anti-psychotics? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
anouska Anti-Psychotics & memory loss Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
M emotional/mental blunting from anti-psychotic medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
Naw1984 Side Effects of anti d's - hot and sweaty Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
cpuusage NAMI Convention Coverage: Robert Whitaker’s Case Against Anti-Psychotics Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
F Depixol anti psychotic Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
F Treating Psychosis: The limits of anti-psychotics Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
cpuusage Dogmatic anti-meds stance can be dangerous Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 75
P Can a regular GP prescribe anti=psychotics? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
Weasel Saphris new anti-psychotic Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
S One for the Ladies, Anti Psychotic treatment and menstrual disturbance? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
F Antipsychotics aren't the anti-hero Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
L which anti-psychotics don't have weight gain? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
S Coming off Anti Psychotics/Risperdal, emotional numbness? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
M are there ANY anti-psychotics that dont completely drain you Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
M do all anti-psychotics have mood stabilising and anti-depressant qualities? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5