• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

antabuse

megirl

megirl

Cant believe it!
Have a new pharmacy as pdoc went mental over me not having a blister pack for meds which i didnt need as hubby doing my meds.

Anyway I have been getting double dose of the drug.
Thankfully i havnt been drinking.
Stopped the double dose 4 days ago and have a splitting headache since.
Regular pain relief which isnt having any effect.
My pdocs like well that wouldnt be causing the headaches its like whatever.
There are many side effects for suddenly decreasing or stoping any med. They dont like admitting any side effects at All
Anyway I arent going to my GP as hes useless when it comes to mental illness and will just tell me its from decreasing antabuse.
I cant believe its taken 3 months for someone to pick up this error.
Anyway hoping the headache will go away soon
Anyone had anything like this

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Good grief. Poor you!

About a year ago I was on 1500mg of Depakote a day, made up (for reasons best known to the chemist of 6x250mg tablets a day. I got 56 days worth at a time, so always had to walk out of the chemist with the same sort of large moving device if one were to walk out of a garden centre!

Anyhoo, on the last day of one 56 days cycle I finished one box and started on the new lot I had got the day before. The box was the same but the tablets were different? I looked at the box I was just polishing off to see that, nearly 2 months before, I had been given 500mg tablet, not 250mg and I had been taking 3000mg per day for nearly 2 months! I believe the maximum permitted dose is 2000mg per day.
bastards, I barely got a 'sorry' out of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
megirl

megirl

Just a thought also they probably dont think i am telling the truth and have been drinking!
God mental illness pisses me off and the stigma associated with it
They are probably putting my symptoms to that

I feel like ringing the pharmacy and asking them about the withdrawel experience I wish i could sue the idiots or get some form of apology etc

Grape

Grape

Like you say, when you have a mental illness you aren't trusted and assumed to be a drug taking alcoholic. I don't know how many times i have had to blow into those breathaliser things when i say i have not had a drink, and how many urine samples i've had to give even though i have never taken illicit drugs. I should be furious shouldn't i.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
outrageous!

In the US, each prescription is gone over by 2 people, not to say that mistakes do not happen....but one could file a formal complaint and they could be in big trouble.

Your gp sounds like an ass too...many people have their spouse dispense their meds to them, it is often recommended.

I hope this will be just a bump in the road and your headaches will soon pass.

(((hugs))))

megirl

megirl

well anyway pdoc was like nope this would have nothing to do with the antabuse,
Well day numba 4 came and went then the next afternoon wham no headache and none since,
and no nothing from the pharmacist, i might blast them tomorrow xmas sis coming and i am not in a ver patient mood atm lol
I did ask them the other day about it and they said 'its all been dealt with'
Oh geez sorry or ...a discussion about what happened but nothing dickheads.
And my temporary support worker was like (they always say this!!!!!!) 'oh you been looking on the internet'

NO I only have a fucking nursing degree and 6 years of experience lol
i left 3 years ago but honestly give me a break
thank god my usual support worker is back i hope i go back under his care fingers crossed