• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Another waste of time

tjo73

tjo73

I'm afraid i am about to have a rant, so I apologise to everyone first.

I got involved with mental health services again properly in april this year after coping on my own for a couple of years. I first saw the shrink they referred me to in april for the first time, he referred me to home treatment, who after a couple of months discharged me back to the shrink. I saw him again in June and then again in July for an emergency appointment when my mood took a serious nosedive.
Anyway my mood has gone through the floor again and when someone tried to get me an appointment with Him today was told that I was no longer under him or involved with mental health services. It seems that he discharged me without even having the decency to contact me to let me know.
I admit that I did have a problem with him as he diagnosed me as BPD after two appointments and I think he found me a little difficult, but I had explained to him that I find talking to male doctors difficult.

This is not however the first time the mental health services have let me down, in fact it is the fifth time that I have been discharged for things that were not my fault or simply because they have just done it. They have not done things they have promised and on occasions the CPN's have been near on impossible to get hold of and never ring you back as promised.
How can this be right, that a service that is designed to help people in need be so flawed that it abandons people, doesn't do the things it is supposed to and generally justs medicates and sends you away and if you refuse medication washes it's hands of you.
That isn't right I am a human being and I deserve to be treated with respect no matter how ill I am.
It just makes me mad that the system can fail so badly.

Rant over for now:mad:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
To be honest if you can work out, and/or talk out your problems you're better off without them. You need to develop some personal strategies and goals to elevate yourself from the mire...to be honest the psyche system is all about keeping you in the mire, it pays a lot of mortgages. All my advances have been without the assistance of workers. In fact more than that, if they'd had anything to do with it, none of my advances would have occured...they're ultimately a hindrance more than a help, and if you think you need, or have benefited from, their help, that in itself is a hindrance.

A

Ainsworth

today was told that I was no longer under him or involved with mental health services. It seems that he discharged me without even having the decency to contact me to let me know.
I admit that I did have a problem with him as he diagnosed me as BPD after two appointments and I think he found me a little difficult, but I had explained to him that I find talking to male doctors difficult.
tjo, i had exactly the same happen to me twice, the last time i think i deserved it slightly as was bloody horrible to him but he was a dick, but i was annoyed at being sent back to him and not another doctor, he didnt listen the first time so knew i was in trouble on the first appointment with him and he only gave me a suspected BP DX, though again had to say i was a b**** :redface:

rant away

M

mad as a hatter

i,ve got a good cpn but i know where ur comin from mh services total joke don,t give a shit at time good at lettin u down as i,ve known in recent wks bunch arseholes them doctors hate the lot them u have a good rant quite right get them told

W

Wonky

tjo73, do you want to do something about the way you were discharged?

First question, do you know if the were on CPA? If you were on CPA then it was wrong for you to be discharged without you being seen and the proposal explained to you.

W

Wonky

tjo73, do you want to do something about the way you were discharged?

First question, do you know if the were on CPA? If you were on CPA then it was wrong for you to be discharged without you being seen and the proposal explained to you.
Furthermore, don't bother making a complaint, that would only give the b*stards another opportunity to sh*t on you. Is there any possibility of you seeing a solictor? As a first step, MIND run a legal advice line, so you could get some basic advice there.

But think carefully what is best for you. It may be that you are better off out of it for the time being.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Furthermore, don't bother making a complaint, that would only give the b*stards another opportunity to sh*t on you. Is there any possibility of you seeing a solictor? As a first step, MIND run a legal advice line, so you could get some basic advice there.

But think carefully what is best for you. It may be that you are better off out of it for the time being.
Wonky is right, they just basically throw your illness back in your face; what you say happened didn't happen, you just imagined that was what was happening - 'It's part of your illness dear, now get some insight and get over it'

W

Wonky

Wonky is right, they just basically throw your illness back in your face; what you say happened didn't happen, you just imagined that was what was happening - 'It's part of your illness dear, now get some insight and get over it'
Rorschach is right, they do use the "part of your illness" line. Basically if you are a patient within MH services you should, 99% of the time, totally forget about fairness. If you see a "good" MH professional and/or have a thoroughly "good" experience that is just plain luck.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
...and if you are that lucky...play the lottery! :evil:

tjo73

tjo73

Thanks for the replies.
First I thankfully didn't go alone to last appointment, my STR worker went with me, although I have no idea what she'll say as she is away till tuesday.
I never had any kind of care plan or anything at all to be honest, never even mentioned by shrink. He talked about CBT but said that any therapy would be a long time coming. To be honest the shrink was a complete dick and obviously has no idea about how to deal with people, I think he wants to be a consultant, but if that is how he deals with people then god help the rest of his patients.
I have thought about making a complaint but as you have all said I need to be very careful about it, but will certainly get some legal advice first.
I have been back to my GP and he has made me an appointment with a CPN I saw earlier this year at the surgery rather than going back through the MHS, and I have made it very plain to the GP that I don't want that shrink again which he has placed in my records. So will see how it goes.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
not alone

hi ive been going through exactly the same thing my cpn i could NEVER get hold of, i stopped seeing her because she wasnt very good i had a meeting with my cpn and my phyciatrist i said i dont need a cpn i need a phyciatrist because in my view cpns just make sure your not damaging yourself anyway they told me i had scitzophrenia and have offered me no help whatso ever its like heres your diagnosis off you go. i went back to the doctor and told them hat had happened and a different cpn contacted me the next day they could have done this all along basically they all pretend this system works but it doesnt!!!!! if we were in america we might even be in ongoing therapy twice a week why something isnt done i dont know my pyciatrist has left because she thinks its appauling too. my advice? go to the doctors and drop your cpn in it say you can never get hold of her and she never returns your call best ay good luck diddy

J

jamesdean

You could always get a good advocate that dosentwork for the nhs,I have very littleinputfrom themh servicesand I'm trying to workout if I can buymy own services through direct payments though this is a closed book (but I'm almost on to a good out fit thatknows how to acces sthe services) because this nhs is a load of f****g shit stabbing b*****ds, in the cmht team and mangement structure full of S**T

M

mad as a hatter

i still agree mh services r a joke i can,t be bothered with them ne more they keep saying 2 me if u walk away u will end up in hospiital ne way well if they keep taking ur support network off u then no wonder don,t get me started about them i,ll be here all day there just a nitemare