• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Another PIP issue

L

lastresorts

Just heard I have failed my reconsideration for PIP and the decision stays exactly the same. To be honest I am absolutely gutted because I am struggling so much with my bipolar.

Is there anyone I can turn to for help with claiming PIP?

SarahD

SarahD

Are you considering an appeal? If not perhaps you could start a new claim.

The best help I have found with ESA, and they also do DLA and PIP, is the Benefits and Work website. They have guides to filling in the application forms, what kind of information to give on the forms that will give you the best chance, etc and I think they help with appeals as well. It costs about £20 a year to join, once a member you can access a lot of information and download their guides. I think it is worth the money.

However there are a lot of other sites, especially charities concerned with particular conditions, that also give information and don't charge, but you have to do a lot of research. Benefits and Work always have the latest information, and I have found them very helpful.

Alternatively you could ask your local Citizens Advice if there are any organisations that have benefits advisers locally. Some are very good, some are not. If you are with a mental health team, some have benefits advisers.

L

lastresorts

Thanks Sarah, I did join and pay. But, I really didn't feel comfortable so never went back.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
daffy Just received another pip letter Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Nikita Another petition against PIP cuts by 33degrees.org/Please sign this also! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Another homeless person has been found dead on the streets of Milton Keynes Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
H taking another year off uni? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
Z How to get another job after quiting? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
K Just another question I was meant to ask Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
J Application for housing in another area! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
loulabelle Another ESA question Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
P Another Medical Before My Appeal Has Been Heard. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L ESA in support group for 7 months now got another form Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S Pip backdated ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
W PIP mobility? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Z got my PIP restored ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 22
P Got a call from PIP people Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 16
Funnyday PIP telephone assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 29
daffy Guide to pip benefits and claiming Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Applying for SDP on full PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
P PIP decision taking so long Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
J My PIP claim was rejected Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 18
P I have not had an update about my PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Z PIP telephone assessment nice timing ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
C PIP assessment today....so anxious can’t sleep Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Funnyday Pip review Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 25
I Applying for pip worries Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
P Work and pip advice please Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S PIP appeal telephone hearing - Awful Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
S Pip appeal telephone interview - what do they ask? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M (submission letter) pip tribunal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B Pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Fairy Lucretia PIP saga x Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 32
P Upcoming pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 27
Q Pip query Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Funnyday Pip at risk? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 32
S PIP - Mandatory reconsideration with gp letter? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 78
P Application for pip and work while on anti psychotic meds Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 29
W News re: PIP and ESA reviews Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
W PIP/ESA/UC face-to-face assessments suspended. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
C Anyone had paper based decision for pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
W PIP increase from April 6 Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
P why is PIP only offered in the UK? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
PinkCandyFloss PIP Appeal woes, saga continues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
L PIP won, what now? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
C Pip phoning mental health team Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
P Mental health and working and pip advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I PIP mobility law change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
PinkCandyFloss More PIP crap and ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Tawny Housing benefit with PIP only? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 18
C Chances of getting pip for pychocis and depreesion Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
Artmuzz Finally won appeal for PIP :) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Funnyday PIP review letter Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5