• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Another newbie

cate53

cate53

Hello to everyone like the look of this forum and peoples honesty and support for one another ...i'm fairly recently diagnosed as bp2 after trying just about every antidepressant known to mankind :eek: feeling the usual wobbliness that goes with adjusting to new treatment :sleepy2: :scared: but looking forward to (hopefully !) making a few new friends here :flowers

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Hello to everyone like the look of this forum and peoples honesty and support for one another ...i'm fairly recently diagnosed as bp2 after trying just about every antidepressant known to mankind :eek: feeling the usual wobbliness that goes with adjusting to new treatment :sleepy2: :scared: but looking forward to (hopefully !) making a few new friends here :flowers

That's me, BINGO!!

No, i'm not agreeing, i'm just down the Mecca right now!

Seriously, I crashed and burned in 1998 and had loads of treatment for depression and anxiety. I had more antidepressants than Boots and more CBT (which I now HATE) than a motivational speaker (spit).

No one, NOT ONE psychiatrist, not one ever said to me

'OK David, tell me what happens when you aren't depressed?'

To which the answer would 'Total and utter destruction of mine and everyone's lives around me, constant chatter and narrative in my head, crippling paranoia and anxiety with no sleep for six months of the year'

Hmm. So me too.

But hey, no labels here, you are you, you are not the illness and you know what? We understand, even all the silly stuff and we are all friends here.

Welcome, come and have a look around and stay a while

calypso

calypso

Staff member
Admin
hiya and welcome to the forum. I am diagnosed Bipolar 2 also. After the initial shock, I looked back on my life and thought, "of course!!" Are you on anti depressants alone? You should be on a mood stabiliser, especially if you are on anti depressants.

Any way, look around and jump as much or as little as you feel. xxx

T

Taff

Former member
Hello there
You are very welcome.
nice to meet you
Taff xxx

cate53

cate53

Thank you for such a lovely welcome ,its such a relief to know there are like-minded people on here and really looking forward to getting to know you all :) in a brief reply to Calypso ....just starting Quetiapine alongside anti-d's ....
xxxxx

GoghTardis

GoghTardis

I am with DaveyBlue! After a decade of antidepressants I was just diagnosed bp2. I have been a mess this past month adjusting but have been ok the last two days so maybe the Lithium is finally working, we will see.

Anyway welcome!!