• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Another newbie

PStevieB

PStevieB

Hi all,
my name is Steve and i am from the Glossop area in Derbyshire/Tameside.

I was advised during an assessment over a year ago that i had Cyclothymia however nothing was followed up or recommended until recently.

I have been floating about reading threads so i thought it best to introduce myself.

I may have a lot of questions as it is only recently that my behaviour is starting to concern me so i do apologise in advance.

Being the stubborn hide away and forget about it person that i am i thought my mood swings and general attitude towards life was normal and common until it started to affect my work in a big way. It was only then that i was so concerned that i pushed for some help.
It has been a killer trying to get someone to listen to me as i am a very closed person and i am afraid of being labeled. Something which my actions have already caused to happen.

Anyway sorry to waffle on and thank you for getting this far.

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum
I'm sure we can all help you feel free to unload

F

fallen

Former member
Hi steve,

:welcome:

Hope you have some fun here as well as getting some help and support.

xfallenx

messymoo

messymoo

Former member
Hi Steve

:welcome: to the forum

I hope you find the support your looking for here if you have any question ask a forum buddy.

Messy x

PStevieB

PStevieB

Thank you for the welcomes

It's nice to see such a friendly bunch of people.
Surprisingly even though I work in a call centre sales based occupation (and I do go on a lot when behind a keyboard) I am not the best at communicating with others until I feel comfortable with my surroundings so I apologise if I ever come across as ignorant or reserved. I am a nice guy really once I relax.

As I live alone, have alienated my friends with my mood swings, I keep my colleagues at a distance and I don't have a relationship with the majority of my family. I have kind of gotten complacent with my own bubble.
The only break I have from this bubble is when I have my daughter at the weekend. If it wasn't for her I don't think I would have anything to live for.

Thank you
Stevie

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

Hello mark nice to meet you again
But you've jumped into someone else's thread why not try posting one of your own at the home page