Another Newbie

camrosescott

camrosescott

Hi, I'm new here. I'm often having visits from the "black dog" and sometimes I wonder if it is all worth the constant effort. I'm being treated by my local mental health team with not great results yet. The main reason I joined is to find out how the meds we take affect people. I'm a white male just starting my 50s trying to be the best person I can be.

I am currently take sertraline at 200mg and Mirtazapine at 45mg.

Thank you.

Valka

Valka

Hi camrosescott! I hope you find the information you're looking for and meet some neat people along the way. Welcome. :)

R

Ramson bangers

Hi camrosescott,
Im on a similar dosage of those along with others and i feel uplift in mood if thats any help.
I had several co ordinaters each who had thier own way of going about things. Opened alot of doors for me as far as getting a job and looking after my self like being the best i could be idea.
I have heard of natural remedies, (cold showers, that type of thing) is probably a better alternative and i would prefer not to be on meds but overall they have helped me avoid depression and the thoughts that come with it.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I know the feeling of wondering what the point is and whether its worth the effort but then i become stable again and i realise that yes it can get better ( i also worry about relapses but i cannot predict them).

Talking here on the forum can help, lots of people around to chat to that know how you feel you will realise that you are not alone.
Hugs
Fox

camrosescott

camrosescott

Hi camrosescott,
Im on a similar dosage of those along with others and i feel uplift in mood if thats any help.
I had several co ordinaters each who had thier own way of going about things. Opened alot of doors for me as far as getting a job and looking after my self like being the best i could be idea.
I have heard of natural remedies, (cold showers, that type of thing) is probably a better alternative and i would prefer not to be on meds but overall they have helped me avoid depression and the thoughts that come with it.

I feel that the meds I'm on should take affect soon. I know that you can take various combinations to try and get a solution for lifting the mood......however I'm more concerned by the thoughts that I get about just giving up on life. Chicken and egg but at the moment I feel that there is a reason to carry on but that could change with another low point. I really need to break this cycle.

R

Ramson bangers

Hopeless feelings come with it. You can break the cycle now you have support you can think of things with a more positive outlook maybe. The puzzle of the mind is gigantic, it needs alot of work picking up the pieces and no one should do it alone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduce Yourself 3
Valka Introduce Yourself 6
M Introduce Yourself 3
B Introduce Yourself 1
S Introduce Yourself 3