• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Another newbie - from Essex

I

indie_cindy

Hi, my name is Lucy. I suffer from bipolar and borderline personality disorder. Looking back i probably had bipolar from the age of 18 spurred on by my drink being spiked. I got a definite diagnosis shortly before my first admission to a psychiatric hospital in june 2007. Life ever since has been a rollercoaster. I was manic when i went into hospital and they were too incompetant to control it so i was getting more and more out of control. This resulted in me being sectioned twice and going to two secure units. My last admission was oct-nov 2008 and it was the only admission that actually helped. I'm finally on the right meds and my moods seem to be generally controlled. I am just finding it hard to accept the borderline part of my diagnosis. It seems like its untreatable and i dont know what kind of support would help me with this? Does anyone else have this diagnosis? It would be great to make some friends on here as i am very isolated. Thanks for reading. Lucy x

D

Dollit

Hi Lucy - I can identify with the Bipolar part but not the BPD. However there are people on here with BPD and I'm sure you'll feel less isolated just by knowing you're not alone on this. It's a good place to make friends and it is a real community. Welcome.

S

saffron

Hi Lucy and welcome from an x from essex, I hear a lot drink spiking goes on there, I am glad you are seeing a difference and feeling more in control. If we cannot help we can certainly listen and that is therapy in itself.
glad to have you on board
S

stargazer

stargazer

Essex but sunny florida would be nice!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, my name is Lucy. I suffer from bipolar and borderline personality disorder. Looking back i probably had bipolar from the age of 18 spurred on by my drink being spiked. I got a definite diagnosis shortly before my first admission to a psychiatric hospital in june 2007. Life ever since has been a rollercoaster. I was manic when i went into hospital and they were too incompetant to control it so i was getting more and more out of control. This resulted in me being sectioned twice and going to two secure units. My last admission was oct-nov 2008 and it was the only admission that actually helped. I'm finally on the right meds and my moods seem to be generally controlled. I am just finding it hard to accept the borderline part of my diagnosis. It seems like its untreatable and i dont know what kind of support would help me with this? Does anyone else have this diagnosis? It would be great to make some friends on here as i am very isolated. Thanks for reading. Lucy x
HI lucy im too from essex, you will find this forum a good place to be i suffer from depression but im happy to talk or help in any way possible:)

emski

emski

:welcome: to the forum. I'm bipolar too and always happy to chat

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Lucy and :welcome: to MHF. You will find lots of help and support here :)

I

indie_cindy

Thanks

Thanks for all the welcomes. (-:

Stargazer, where in essex are u? I live in chelmsford but come from romford originally. x

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum Lucy - it's a good friendly place to be and I'm sure you'll find lots of support as well as ideas for BPD. Take care and jump in when you feel comfortable.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Lucy...I'm a bit late with the welcome. :)

I'm borderline too, as well as some other diagnosis. Some would say I have bi-polar, but I don't think so as there's no pattern to it.
Hope to see more of you. Take care. :flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 1
T Introduce Yourself 2
E Introduce Yourself 8
M Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 7