• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Another new member, from sunny Scotland

C

ckyk

Hello all. I am a 21 year old guy from Scotland.

I have problems with severe depression and anxiety...I also struggle with a lot of unresolved issues from my childhood, and seem to be a bit lost with myself recently. I have become increasingly withdrawn from my friends and family over the last 2 years and I have a lot of serious trouble with social interaction now.

It's not all doom and gloom though, and I manage to hold down a job and put on a "front" whenever I am around people. I have taken medication for depression and anxiety in the past and neither helped whatsoever. I just seem to manage to barley hold on right now, but I am.

I feel very lost and alone right now, but reading some of the stories and experiences here have made me feel like there is something more out there. And that many people understand the unhappiness and pain I feel.

I'm not sure what I hope to achieve from joining here. Maybe just an outlet, maybe just some form of social interaction I'm not terrified of. Whatever it is I look forward to meeting other people and being able to tell my story.

Cheers.

D

Dollit

Hi - if you achieve what I have from being here it's worth it. I have gained some good friends and I have gained some wonderful ones. I always have some one to spill to and I do regularly. It's worth hanging round.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

:welcome: this forums amazing :) hope you find the support you need
:hug: lozzi

Mitch

Mitch

I have become increasingly withdrawn from my friends and family over the last 2 years and I have a lot of serious trouble with social interaction now.

I feel very lost and alone right now,
And that many people understand the unhappiness and pain I feel.

I think we're on the same page with those ones.

Be good to yourself.