Another mental health soldier

D

Dano1779

Hey guys first time on here. Currently battling anxiety and depression for the last year and having a look about and learning some more about mental health as knowledge is power and all that. Been through this exact thing 15 years ago and suffered for 5 years and it's now back with a vengeance and don't seem to be able to put into practice any coping mechanisms that are good enough yet, so I'm here gain advice from the people who know how it feels first hand and hopefully I can give back to! Cheers guys!

M

Miss Moody

Hi Dano :welcome:

I found being around people who I could trust helped and trying to get out for walks aswell as immersing myself in cleaning! distracts my mind, plus watching my old time funniest box set I have. It sucks I know, but sometimes I just allow myself to do one thing a day and I have then accomplished something.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Sometimes life can deal you a solitary season and that is tough – folk just let you down, get sick and or die.

And we do change as we go through life and therefore things that worked 15 years ago are not likely to work well that is what I have found.

Walking is good. Mostly it’s a journey of getting out of your head (over thinking) and into your heart. And living life and caring about others=balance and intergration.

I know that when we are battling with anxiety and depression neither of these things happen.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Welcome. Symptoms can go into remission and then relapse years later without a trigger. As you know, some coping mechanisms that worked in the past cease to be effective and so I hope you'll find a few new tools for your mental toolbox here.

D

Dano1779

Thanks for the comments guys. Sleep depravation at the minute which is making things 10 times worse. It's like catch 22 I feel like just staying in and on the other hand I feel I have to get out to try get some normality in my life, as for work it helps with the depression but even then on the other hand it's getting to a place where it's unbareable at the same time. I've just gone up to 20mg of citalopram after 3 weeks but still feel no Benefit what so ever.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Have you considered the topic of sleep hygiene? each day set yourself a going to bed and a getting up in the morning routine. Our teeth need care and attention as do our brains.

Normality is good! Try very hard not to sleep outside of sleep time, if you need to then maybe set the alarm for 40 mins or 90 mins but not much more than that.

Getting into a routine imo helps to calm your body clock. Especially when you have high anxiety levels

sunset547544

sunset547544

I agree sleep hygeine is really important the big one for me is caffeine, even if I have it early in the morning it still messes up my sleep the following night.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 2
B Introduce Yourself 3
camrosescott Introduce Yourself 8
Valka Introduce Yourself 6
M Introduce Yourself 3