• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Another fun side effect of Aripriprazole

H

HumbleHubby

Hi all,

Sorry to bother again but with Aripriprazole I am finding my thoughts are going at like a million miles an hour, never shutting off.

Almost like, what about this idea, what about that idea, what about another idea constantly.

I acted on one idea and it just cost me 3 days, where I was just writing my business plan totally obessessed with the plan.

Just managed to shut it off now.

Using promethazine to slow me down.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Have you told your CPN or psychiatrist.

When i started aripiprazole, i had to be admitted as the start up can be very difficult. They gave me Diazepam for the first 10 days. I developed akathisia though and it did not go away, so had to come off and go back on Olanzapine.

It is possible, if you have mania, it is not strong enough/yet. It would be good to ask for some help if you can. Can you call anyone tomorrow?

H

HumbleHubby

Will speak to CPN tomorrow, thanks for the advice!

calypso

calypso

Admin
I'm on it and had no problems and I am diagnosed bipolar so things usually do speed me up. I think you need to urgently talk to your MH team about this - it isn't normal to react this way. But meds are different for all of us

H

HumbleHubby

Spoke to mental health, they said that it was to do with outside stresses rather than the medication ¬.¬ so basically put up with the new meds.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

Have you told your CPN or psychiatrist.

When i started aripiprazole, i had to be admitted as the start up can be very difficult. They gave me Diazepam for the first 10 days. I developed akathisia though and it did not go away, so had to come off and go back on Olanzapine.

It is possible, if you have mania, it is not strong enough/yet. It would be good to ask for some help if you can. Can you call anyone tomorrow?
this is what i wanted to discuss. EPS like akathisia can be irreversible, even if you stop taking the med. aripiprazole has a high risk of EPS vs Seroquel and olanzapine which have the lowest risk

E

emmaleemochizuki

I had that too when I started on aripiprazole.

It's alright now.

jajingna

jajingna

"A- rip- ip- ra- zo- le" sounds like a Spanish cheer.

H

HumbleHubby

Restlessness has subsided now, sex drive has shot up to a mad level lolol

E

emmaleemochizuki

how long did it take for restlessness to subside?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Switching ssri to another ssri Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
N Another New Batch - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
N Fun and Games with Abilify Prescription!!! - Annoyed! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
M Sertraline side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
B Faverin (Fluvoxamine) side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
ht46 Bupropion/side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
M Sertraline side effect Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
manicmonday How long have you been on your antipsychotic and have you had any side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
J Restarting Fluoxetine at 40mg - side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
S Risperdal side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
Jam1990 Long term side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M Does no side effects mean medication isn’t working? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Sertraline side affects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
P Really bad side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Faith198 Fluoxetine/Prozac increase, side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
Jam1990 Celexa side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
N Alternative along side Original Antiphyscotic and mental health all in one arrangements, - volunteering Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
L Vraylar side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
P Cymbalta and Fluxoetine, terrible side effects, PLS HELP Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
R Citalopram - side effects and experiences Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
G Sexual side effects from Citalopram Withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
J Quetiapine/Seroquel Side Effects/Extrapyramidal Symptoms Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
C Side effects of citalopram Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
A Do side-effects of antipsychotic medications ever go away? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
J Quetiapine for tinnitus-induced insomnia; withdrawal/ side effects and tapering help Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
J Aripiprazole side effects normal?? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
W Lamictal side effects vs Lithium side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
N Prozac - Side Affects - Hopefully, Never again! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
C Lithium side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
N 25ml Dose.../Low Helicopter at 2.15pm/Abilify/Side Affects - Sugar in brand Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
H Olanzapine 5mg side effect Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
I Insomnia, quetiapine and its side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
T Antipsychotic side effect on sleep Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
pinscher chi Olanzapine side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
S Clomipramine/OCD/sexual side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
ThatSinkingFeeling Possible Venlafaxine / Quetapine Side Effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
LexLoofer Zoloft Side Effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 0
V Venlafaxine: side effects while on and then tapering Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
LexLoofer Abilify Side Effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
D About Prolactin Side-effects x x x x Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
atlia lithium side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
D Silly Side-effects <3 <3 Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
N Anti psychotic side effect. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
S Ativan / Anxiety Med Side effects after Years of none. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Slept Very Well, Reducing, Side Effect Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 18
S Medication and side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
R Do we know all the side effects of our medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
C Olanzapine side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
W Citalopram - should I be worried about anesthesia / sexual side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
G Side effects? Advice needed! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1