• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Another explanation

M

misscas

I met a woman in the 1990s. I later found out she was an abuse victim. I didn't question why I was introduced to her abuser almost immediately upon meeting her. The whole situation gave me a bad feeling immediately. I really regret ignoring it.

She claimed some of her estranged family were hearing things. She also claimed some of her friends were hearing things after she told them her abuse story. She also drove an ex-boyfriend crazy.

I worked for the govt at the time.

Later, when I pissed off the man who abuser her, I started experiencing the auditory hallucinations. The voices started at my 30th birthday celebration with this woman. They have not stopped since. It's been 6 years.

When I stopped speaking to this family, as any person with any self-respect would do. The content of the voices turned threatening. I heard the voices of her family members. I heard the abuser had hurt all the females. I heard he was coming for my family.

I turned the man into police and several govt officials. He was still running around free in May 2010.

What do you make of this?

delatext

delatext

difficult one, do you believe it ?
It could be a part of your illness what is your Doctors take on it and do you feel it is some sort of curse ?
I know for you it seems like reality but I would question it and try to talk to your doctor

S

Scott N

I met a woman in the 1990s. I later found out she was an abuse victim. I didn't question why I was introduced to her abuser almost immediately upon meeting her. The whole situation gave me a bad feeling immediately. I really regret ignoring it.

She claimed some of her estranged family were hearing things. She also claimed some of her friends were hearing things after she told them her abuse story. She also drove an ex-boyfriend crazy.

I worked for the govt at the time.

Later, when I pissed off the man who abuser her, I started experiencing the auditory hallucinations. The voices started at my 30th birthday celebration with this woman. They have not stopped since. It's been 6 years.

When I stopped speaking to this family, as any person with any self-respect would do. The content of the voices turned threatening. I heard the voices of her family members. I heard the abuser had hurt all the females. I heard he was coming for my family.

I turned the man into police and several govt officials. He was still running around free in May 2010.

What do you make of this?

Hello misscas,
It seems to me that you may have the gift of Empathy. Sometimes, with a gift we possess, we are on a journey to discover how to properly employ it in our lives for the benefit of others.
In your considering everyone involved, you may be also considering what they could be thinking and saying as well.
Hearing Voices is not necessarily the symptom of an illness.
The feelings of powerlessness can cause disturbances within us and perhaps it is this lack of power to effect the situation positively, is where the problems lies.
I commend you reporting this. It sure will be a blessing when the victims themselves can have the same sense of empowerment to act on their own behalf. These situations are very sad and frightening.

I consider that voice hearing can be a gift as well. It very well may be that you can keep yourself safe and use what you're hearing the voices say, as a motivation to seek services for them. Victims services may be available in their area. They can definitely relate to you and provide confidentiality and good advice, even though it has been 6 years.

Thank God for people like you who do what you can about it. I believe that it will make a difference somehow. You did the right thing.
Be safe and walk proud of yourself!