Another CS investigation

S

Shelby84

Hi I'm after some advice regarding yet another Child service safeguarding investigation my family and I are under. I'm a mum of 2 and I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the beginning of the year after spending 4 week in a psychiatric hospital after overdosing a few times. Child social got involved and contacted my kids schools and, gp this lasted a couple of weeks and then The case was closed. I then had another bad turn a few weeks later and overdosed again which opened another case. This case was closed last week again with no further issues, however over the weekend I realised I had messed up my Meds and accidentally took too many I also ended up taking too many paracetamol as I was very confused and had a major headache ( yes I know this was stupid) none of this was with intention to harm myself however when I contacted the crisis team to get some reassurance they insisted on sending an ambulance. I ended up spending the night in hospital on a drip because of the paracetamol but discharged myself the next morning against medical advice as I just wanted to get home. Now child social are involved again and insisted to meet with myself and my husband today forcing him to take 2 hours out of work. When we got there, the worker we were meant to see was too busy to see us and we had to see a different lady who knew nothing about the most recent referal, she asked me what had happened and I told her about my Meds but didn't mention the paracetamol. My question is will they realise I didn't tell the whole truth and what is likely to happen? Can they force me to go back into a psychiatric hospital? Or take my kids because of this?

Cinders

Cinders

Things have got to be very bad at home for your kids to be taken away. I have a mum at my support centre with a six month old and she hurts her skin all the time so they visit her weekly but no threat of taking the baby away ever. If you do that again though it's not worth the risk and not a good way to handle your depressions for your kids sake so you should get help with that asap.

S

Shelby84

Thanks for your reply. I am under the CMHT team and have been since this all started last year. I haven't seen my MHN for over a month though as they thought the Meds were working and I only needed to see the once a month. Not due to see them now till early August. Because crisis team got involved at the weekend though someone from CMHT contacted me but I just denied taking an overdose so they let me be. Just concerned now though as CS know I was taken to ED but don't know I had actually taken too many paracetamol and discharged myself against advice the next morning.