• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Another crazy fool....

K

KShiz

Well where to start...

Hey everyone, I'm Kirstie & I'm 20, in my last year at University & work part-time at a bank.

I have been suffering from Social Anxiety probably from the age of 16/17, but only in the last few years have been diagnosed and told I wasn't going crazy!

Ive been prescribed Citalopram and have been on that for probably around a year maybe longer.

So, thats basically my story :)

x

companion

companion

Founding Member
Hi Kirstie and :welcome:

It is nice to meet you.

I too have social anxiety/phobia. It is not so bad now and I was never formally diagnosed. The very nature of this condition means that seeking treatment and support is made harder, because of the fear of being judged negatively.

Well done for surviving Uni into your third year. I start my second year tomorrow. I admire you for going to university and not letting the social anxiety/phobia stop your from achieving.

If you need anything, you only have to ask. It is a very safe and supportive environment here.

Take care

Companion

K

KShiz

Thanks Companion. :) and good luck on your second year, you will be fine :D.

Just to say to everyone I have left a post in the Social Anxiety section of the forum, if you've got time to give it a read and pass on some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kirst

x

Norabella

Norabella

I,m new here too

Hi K

Good to meet you :welcome:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi K and welcome to the forum. Like you I've spent time in banks while at uni! There's a good bunch of people here and I'm sure that you'll get lots of support and help.

Take care and when you've had a chance to look around and you're ready jump in!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Kirstie and :welcome: You will find lots of help and friendly advice here :hug: