• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Another awful social situation! Advice needed! *long sory*

Zanily

Zanily

Lucy is my only female friend. She's always been a person I've felt I'd like to get closer to. I've always been fond of Lucy because she's not a girly-girl. She always says she's not the jealous type and never gossips about people, so I thought she'd make the perfect best friend.

Lucy invited me out on saturday night and I decided to join her. I met up with her and her other friend, Laura, who I'd never met before. We went for a few drinks at a pub before going to a night club of their choice.

At the club Lucy and Laura had a few more drinks. I decided not to drink anymore because I'm not a big drinker and I wanted to save money. We danced for a while before Lucy rushed to the toilets to be sick. I made sure she was ok and got her some water from the bar. The night went down hill from here.

I've never been sick in public but I think if I was, I'd want to go home. Lucy said she'd been feeling unwell all day and she wasn't sick because of the drink. She didn't look drunk and she said she wanted to stay out, so we did.

Lucy and Laura went off to dance and I started talking to some people who were at the club for a colleague's leaving do. They told me their colleague's old possition was now available and I ended up being offered the job! I was chuffed!

This was a job I'd be really interested in doing and the staff seemed lovelly! It was the perfect job! I gave them my contact details and they said they'd give me a call in the morning. I thanked them and went off to find Lucy to tell her the good news!

I walked around the club but couldn't find Lucy or Laura. I started to worry but then saw Lucy talking to the people who'd just offered me a job...

She told my potential new manager I was really wasted and already had a job. She said I was a whore and I was winding them up. She bad mouthed me and made me out to be a horridble person. I over heard her say everything.

I was heart broken :low:

I stayed calm and asked one of the colleague's on the leaving do what had been said and they told me everything. I tried to talk to the person who'd offered me the job, I wanted to explain that I wasn't drunk or any of those things my "friend" had just said...I was given a look of disgust before I had a chance to say anything.

I decided to go home and held back the tears until I shut the front door :cry: I had a major panic attack and couldn't breath properly. I got no sleep that night.

Why do you think my friend did that to me? Should I talk to her about it? Should I forgive her? What should I do?

F

fallen

Zanily,

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you the other night-that was really awful and you have every right to be upset.
This woman does not sound like a real friend-steer well clear, I'd say. I don't say that lightly-I've had problems with friends bitching behind my back-even forgiven and given a second chance-still ended up getting hurt even more.
You deserve better.

:hug1:

R

Rose19602

Zanily,

Firstly, this was not a job offer, it was an invitation to apply. How serious that was in a night club I don't know. However, as job are hard to come by atm it was certainly an opportunity for you.
Your "friend's" behaviour whether induced by alcohol or not, was bang out of order.
What a cow! Tell her how you feel in no uncertain terms, and keep any important matters well away from her radar in future.
You have every right to question why someone who claims to be your "friend" would behave in this way.
She sounds like she is really rather nasty and not someone who has your best interests as heart.
I agree with Fallen. Steer clear!
x

Zanily

Zanily

Thanks guys, you're right. :)

I don't really know why I posted this on here...I guess I wanted someone to tell me I got it all wrong! :low:

I spoke to my mate and my story is correct, which is a shame, I could've done without losing another friend at a time like this.

Oh well, at least she showed her true colours sooner rather than later. I don't need people like that in my life.

MissKitty, No it wasn't a job offer there and then, they wanted to do a background check and stuff first. Seeing as I'd met them out and we'd all been getting along well and I have all the necessary qualifications I figured I had an extremely strong chance of getting the job :(

F

fallen

Sorry that you've had to lose a friend-I know it's hard-lost too many myself recently!
As you say, better that you saw her true colours now rather than later. I take it she was not remorseful when you spoke?
You do deserve better.
I hope something else comes up on the job front for you soon.

:hug1:

Zanily

Zanily

Thank you fallen :)

She admitted saying those things but tried to make out she was talking about someone else and not me :rolleyes:

Truth is, I don't want to be friends with anyone who talks about other people like that, so even if she wasn't talking about me she's still lost me as a friend, lol!