• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anorexia Help!! Please

S

Suzyxo

So I think my little sister is suffering from Anorexia in the first stages (we discovered this a month ago), she is just losing weight right now and everytime we assure her to eat she starts crying, I really need Help!! we took her to the doctor but is not working, I just need some advice so I can treat her and help her even to go to the doctor or maybe to start eating again. thanks so much :(

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
what do you mean you took her to the doctor but it is not working?

this website has some good info on it. http://www.b-eat.co.uk/

S

Suzyxo

thanks so much!! she seemed optimistic while talking to the doctor, its been 2 weeks now and she is doing the same thing, eating a little and getting angry everytime we say she has to eat more, she is losing weight and she is depressed, she rarely smiles, the doctor just gave her a talk, I know maybe I am anxious but it keeps getting worse and I do not wanna stand up just watching, my mom is thinking in change doctors..

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i dont think talking to the doc once is going to do all that much unless she has already decided herself to change.

S

Suzyxo

so the first thing is trying that she recognizes her own problem? she is 13, I do not what to do so she can realize that she's doing bad, what should I do?

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i think that website has lots of info on how you can support your sister.