• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Annoying, tourette's-like habit? Please help.

Mary-Jane

Mary-Jane

Please don't laugh, this is so annoying.

I have has this habit-type thing, I don't really know how to describe it.

I like, push out my butt as if I'm trying pass wind (but I'm not trying to)... Like every ten seconds or something. I think I also like, tense my butt sometimes too.

I'm 16 and I've had this for a few years now, I get so annoyed that I do it, I can't help it. I can't sit on people's laps or anything because I'll do it and they'll be like what the hell.

It started a few years ago when I watched a video of a woman giving birth, and now I can't stop.

Please help if you can, I get so annoyed by it, I know it may seem like nothing to you, but it is to me.

Seriously, I can't stress how annoying it is.
When I was little, I used to do the same thing but blinking... I'd blink really hard, every few seconds - I know it came from that. I think for awhile I did them both at the same time. I got out of the blinking thing, I don't know how though.

My younger brother used to do the blinking thing too, I'm pretty sure one of us got it from the other. He got out of it too, though.

I'd REALLY like to know what this is, and how I can stop.

Thank you,
Mary-Jane

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi Mary Jane
No one should laugh at you on this forum so don't worry about this.
You would need to go to the doctors to get a diagnosis and any appropriate treatment.
I have a teenage son who has "tics" they get worse when he is under stress but normally no one notices them.
Welcome to the forum.
KP

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Mary Jane and welcome to the forum. I agree with kp on this one and suggest you go to the docs to have a chat with them about it. It's obviously really concerning you and should therefore get the proper attention it deserves. Good luck with this.