Annoying as heck

E

ernesto3

These voices are so damn annoying. They are the most persistent annoying things I’ve ever come across in my entire life. There’s literally no way to shut them up & all they know how to do is troll and yell until I finally fall asleep. Does anyone else have voices as annoying as mine? Their goal this entire time was to drive me mad & even though I’m not playing their dumb game anymore, they still try to drive me mad & continue their charade. Are there any other ways alongside medication that you guys know will quiet them down? I use music quite often but I’m not always listening.

NWiddi

NWiddi

My voice is very annoying too, he begs, nags, whines and threatens me all day long.

Constantly wants attention like a small child even though he's a 39 year old consciousness but I refuse to give him any until he learns to behave himself.

I wish there was a way to shut him up but all medication does is reduce the volume of his voice by around 95% allowing me to ignore him with great success and sleep at night.

For me music just gives him something to sing along with, on a group walk with my Early Intervention Team last Thursday he sang a song for two and a half hours straight pausing occasionally to say my name a lot and say "come on" and "talk to me", he's a persistent little beggar I'll give him that but my willpower is far greater.

I find reading is my best option for stopping him talking, as long as my mind is doing the talking his mind can't.

S

SoapboxMotrin

For myself, the best thing is mimicking. If you repeat what the voices are saying, therefore mocking them, they seem to go away. Of course, I don't do this in public.

W

wellness

These voices are so damn annoying. They are the most persistent annoying things I’ve ever come across in my entire life. There’s literally no way to shut them up & all they know how to do is troll and yell until I finally fall asleep. Does anyone else have voices as annoying as mine? Their goal this entire time was to drive me mad & even though I’m not playing their dumb game anymore, they still try to drive me mad & continue their charade. Are there any other ways alongside medication that you guys know will quiet them down? I use music quite often but I’m not always listening.
Hi Ernesto -- I absolutely relate to you .... my Voices are equally if not worse ....over the years I have developed such powers in dealing with them like immense power to simply ignore them altogether. They go on about with there mission in life to make us mad like some madness purveying germs hell bound to make their hosts mad. Some of my Voices keep exclaiming He is so well as they see me going on about doing my daily chores with some insane magical desire that by just saying He is so well will transform me into a mad person ... another set of them go on say I am no Coo here .... if you look at it closely and rationally these Voices are really the height of stupidity !! another new thing they have started another bunch of them is going about saying shee-shee to the most idiotic of things such as foul smells and dirt in my flat in the corners worse than any nagging house-wife in this world can ever be !! I don't get mad at them anymore that phase when I used to get mad at them has passed off many years ago ... I am now totally amused and find their behaviour and what they are trying to achieve utterly comical ...
So keep you wits about yourself ... if you have trouble sleeping try one of the herbal sleeping remedies ...but under no circumstances let the Voices get to you ....
Remember this fundamental rule ... You are the Host they are the parasites who have invaded your privacy and body. They don't make the rules you do !! Don't ever obey anything these Voices tell you and why should you ??? They are indeed madness propagating germs ...
Keep your sense of perspective and DON'T let yourself get drowned in the voices ....

Cheerio !!

arrrstin

arrrstin

Yes, I know what this is like for all of you. I just posted about my experience, but my experience is less magical. It is as if this person it within the limits of being real. When I leave to go somewhere he is gone. It is only within a certain radius that he is there. It is going to be hard for me to accept he is not real.

E

ernesto3

Hi Ernesto -- I absolutely relate to you .... my Voices are equally if not worse ....over the years I have developed such powers in dealing with them like immense power to simply ignore them altogether. They go on about with there mission in life to make us mad like some madness purveying germs hell bound to make their hosts mad. Some of my Voices keep exclaiming He is so well as they see me going on about doing my daily chores with some insane magical desire that by just saying He is so well will transform me into a mad person ... another set of them go on say I am no Coo here .... if you look at it closely and rationally these Voices are really the height of stupidity !! another new thing they have started another bunch of them is going about saying shee-shee to the most idiotic of things such as foul smells and dirt in my flat in the corners worse than any nagging house-wife in this world can ever be !! I don't get mad at them anymore that phase when I used to get mad at them has passed off many years ago ... I am now totally amused and find their behaviour and what they are trying to achieve utterly comical ...
So keep you wits about yourself ... if you have trouble sleeping try one of the herbal sleeping remedies ...but under no circumstances let the Voices get to you ....
Remember this fundamental rule ... You are the Host they are the parasites who have invaded your privacy and body. They don't make the rules you do !! Don't ever obey anything these Voices tell you and why should you ??? They are indeed madness propagating germs ...
Keep your sense of perspective and DON'T let yourself get drowned in the voices ....

Cheerio !!
Thank you very much for this response wellness!! I agree, these voices have to be some sort of impurity within our mind that’s a result of some external cause. I believe that they are caused by excess receptors of dopamine & thus our body is always receiving a lot more dopamine than it should on a regular basis.

It already does receive too much, but that’s why I believe we have more receptors than others for some reason. Also, hallucinations stem from dopamine which is why I’ve come to this conclusion.

I’m learning to cope with them now, even through all their whining and nagging they now offer insight. I also believe that we somehow influence what they say because of our subconscious but who knows. You’re absolutely right on them wanting to drive us mad though, it fuels them but I make sure they know it doesn’t affect me anymore.

E

ernesto3

Yes, I know what this is like for all of you. I just posted about my experience, but my experience is less magical. It is as if this person it within the limits of being real. When I leave to go somewhere he is gone. It is only within a certain radius that he is there. It is going to be hard for me to accept he is not real.
Yes I feel you!!! Mine used to only come out when I’d be in a friends apartment or my dorm. They now follow me everywhere I go though. I think we all suffer from different severities of the same thing. It’s all relative to one’s perspective, the best thing to do is to not let them get to you. Use their criticizing to better bad habits and ignore the nagging

arrrstin

arrrstin

I have read that what we experience as "us" is not just from one voice. It is actually a community of voices, a bit like from the movie "Inside Out". These voices that seem outside or not from us may be some sort of malignant voice that was created from some form of an (illicit) drug-induced or external stressor. We recognize this new voice and are smart enough to see it as something that is bad for us and do not accept it as our personality. I have heard that these voices can go away in many cases, achieved by removing the stressors, getting lucky with our psychiatrists, psychologists, and get the exact treatment we need. This is what my therapist and research thus far has told me.

E

ernesto3

I have read that what we experience as "us" is not just from one voice. It is actually a community of voices, a bit like from the movie "Inside Out". These voices that seem outside or not from us may be some sort of malignant voice that was created from some form of an (illicit) drug-induced or external stressor. We recognize this new voice and are smart enough to see it as something that is bad for us and do not accept it as our personality. I have heard that these voices can go away in many cases, achieved by removing the stressors, getting lucky with our psychiatrists, psychologists, and get the exact treatment we need. This is what my therapist and research thus far has told me.
I’ve never thought of it this way. I like this idea. I agree with how you feel we get better, I think we do need some luck and that it’s definitely a combination of things.

I feel that the voices are a result of excess dopamine receptors and thus we allow excess dopamine into our system, which is where hallucinations stem from. I think what causes the voices to manifest however is a snowball of stress, bad habits(for me drugs) and well anything bad going on in our personal lives, as well as emotions we have for ourselves which have never been fully echoed.

F

Feathers1984

For myself, the best thing is mimicking. If you repeat what the voices are saying, therefore mocking them, they seem to go away. Of course, I don't do this in public.
Haha I thought I was the only one that mimicked them. Mine don’t like that and usually quiets them for a little bit

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Hearing Voices Forum 3
smilingpixels Hearing Voices Forum 2