• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

angry at roommate

B

BluesCluesBandaids

I need to vent really badly but if this is against the rules I'll delete it asap.

My roommate doesn't eat and it pisses me off. She seems to be one of those people who doesn't care about food and I hate it. I feel like such a fat piece of shit whenever I'm around her even though we're similar sizes because I eat so much more than her and it just makes me so mad. She can just control what she eats effortlessly and it makes me so angry. I've been falling back into binge restrict cycles because I've been under a lot of stress lately and I hate having to be around someone who can just go through the day without caring about food.

I don't hate her and she's a really sweet person so I feel really guilty for feeling this level of rage toward her. People who forget to eat just make me so angry. I know its irrational but it really gets under my skin. I feel like such a glutton when I'm around her. I feel really bad because I don't want to ever snap at her over this and I'm not sure what to do. I just wish I felt a sense of control again and I know its not good for me but that doesn't stop me from wanting it. Everything in my life has gone to shit lately and this is just adding stress.

I really like her as a person so I feel really bad for feeling this because I know it's not her fault.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Why should anyone care about how much their roommate eats? It's good you feel guilty about these feelings because they're not rational.