• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anger

L

Lucy87x

I feel so angry all the time I am seething and feel like screaming I think it must be the anger stage of grief after losing Mum even though its been almost 4 years I just cant get over it im absolutely furious that she has died and how scared she was about dying begging.me not to.let her die im not sure what to do in sick if this life only staying alive for my Husband and relatives and friends otherwise would top myself cant stand living this life suffering without my Mum.

antidepressants arent working nor is the grief counselling as nothing is going to bring her back or enable me to cope as my Mum my best friend is dead sorry for the bluntness im very very angry and very upset inside but cant cry which doesnt help! been triggered even more than usual as had a dream about her and she had died and woke up to find out its true jsut cant cope with it all i love her 😢

L

laural98

Hi Lucy hope you are ok. Obviously you are struggling at the but you get what I mean. I can’t imagine what you’re going through losing someone that you were so close to. I would feel the same too. Have you contacted your gp recently to explain what has been going on and about the antidepressants? Might be worth speaking to them to try other avenues to help with your grief. We are always here for you on here so don’t feel that you are alone in this x

L

Lucy87x

Thankyou laural98 means alot. It think I probably should contact.my GP.as about 6 weeks ago my antidepressants were increased and obv not helping im just sick of living without my mum i dont think i want to die but want her to come back x

L

laural98

No problem at all. Definitely worth giving them a call, they wouldn’t want to see you struggling like this. It is a very difficult experience to be going through Lucy there’s no way to overcome it really. It’s mostly about acceptance and realising that despite your mother’s fears of not wanting to die, she is no longer suffering and is at peace. It will be hard for a long time but it will get easier day by day, I’m sure she’s looking down on you each day and is very proud of you! X

C

cathanifrind174

Anger is way to show your emotions. They are not bad in themselves so long as they don't put others or yourself in harm's way. I used to get angry a lot and it was one other hint that my body was giving me that I suffered from depression. When I first met a psychologist, it was for anger issues. I realized the anger was only reflecting my brokenness and deep sorrow inside; I didn't know how to show it. I was angry at life, at the world, not at a person. you feel you have been unjustly robbed of your mother and it's a very legitimate anger. I'd really suggest working with a psychiatrist or psychology and doing so psychotherapy. It will help you go beyond just dealing with grief to redeeming yourself.