• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

anger with my husband

S

shell

I'm sat here fuming my meds are making me really sick and like a zoombie yet my husband insists I take them I only cut out the 250mg depakot tonight because I'm so drowsy. :sleep:

I take 500mg in the morning come home from dropping the kids at school and have to go bk to bed because i feel so ill, then i can barely eat at lunchtime. I told my nurse but she said I upped them to soon and to stay with it.

I'm so annoyed now tonight they have gone off to the park to have fun, I felt unable to go because I feel so weak and lousy. How will I ever go bk to work feeling crappy like this ??????

Am I ment to say to my employer sorry I'm a wreck and I'm not doing my job properly its the meds, its bad enough they all know I'm bipolar!!!!!!!! :mad:

I'm taking 300mg seroquel at night and 500mg depakot in the morning and 500mg at night I'm just fed up I feel so slowed up and spaced out :scared:. I wish he could take them so he could appreciate how rough I feel !!!!:evil: He doesn't do any house work or cook the meals how am I ment to do things when I feel so bad? Men who needs them!!!! :evil:

Surely I know my body better then anyone? I also can't drive which is annoying me :mad:.

As you can see the depression has lifted just want these side effects to go so I can get bk to work and do my job :). Any advice please

S

suki1066

awww shell, sorry your having such a crapy time atm, i know everyone is different with meds, (20mg of citralopram wiped me out) but sometime sit does take a long while to even out i know thats not what you want to hear, but from my experience with dd it has taken since last aug, with lots of ups and downs.
what job do you do hun x

T

TOONAFISH

((((shell))))) aw what a nightmare. some of the drugs totally wipe you out. it does get easier tho. it is horrible when it stops yuou doing things like going to the park etc. maybe have a word with your partner tho. as well as meds playing an importnat part in wellness, so does a supportive family. any normal person needs help let alone one drugged up on meds. hope you feel better soon x

S

shell

awww shell, sorry your having such a crapy time atm, i know everyone is different with meds, (20mg of citralopram wiped me out) but sometime sit does take a long while to even out i know thats not what you want to hear, but from my experience with dd it has taken since last aug, with lots of ups and downs.
what job do you do hun x
I work at a secondary school in the special needs department. I just want to be able to do my job, its so frustrating :(

S

shell

((((shell))))) aw what a nightmare. some of the drugs totally wipe you out. it does get easier tho. it is horrible when it stops yuou doing things like going to the park etc. maybe have a word with your partner tho. as well as meds playing an importnat part in wellness, so does a supportive family. any normal person needs help let alone one drugged up on meds. hope you feel better soon x
He did come to bed and apologise I guess thats a start. It's like he is secretly hoping I will lose my job and that would devastate me, he keeps saying don't you realise how serious your illness is? it's not just a cold :scared:. Is it possible for people to hold down a job and still have bp ??? I'm just hoping they will renew my contract it runs out in August if they don't I will understand as long as all the holidays I already get I'm having more time off due to being depressed.

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

My sister has BP, she has a part time job. Which is very nearly full time.

She has a husband who also has problems with depression. She also does evening classes in flower arranging.

She still has times where getting out of bed is not an option, but she only gives in to it on the weekend.

I think it is possible to have a job, it may even help your sanity.

Your hubby is probably concerned for your wellbeing because he has to watch you go through all this crap and he can't do a thing about it.

You have to do what is right for you with his support, I suppose you could say he is like your conscience sitting on your shoulder keeping you grounded.