• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anger management issues

A

AngryBird21

Hi. I have always had anger management issues. Lately it has gotten worse. Probably because of the isolation from the pandemic. I am hurting the person I love and care about a lot by making bitter remarks when I get angry over the most little of things. I see the damage I have done when it's too late. I need help. I can't control it and I have been to counselling sessions but haven't helped so far. I don't know what to do. I hope to find people who can suggest me simple helpful practices to apply in my day to day life from their personal experiences.
Please help me.

P

Purpleplum

Are you taking any medication?

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
Hi. I have always had anger management issues. Lately it has gotten worse. Probably because of the isolation from the pandemic. I am hurting the person I love and care about a lot by making bitter remarks when I get angry over the most little of things. I see the damage I have done when it's too late. I need help. I can't control it and I have been to counselling sessions but haven't helped so far. I don't know what to do. I hope to find people who can suggest me simple helpful practices to apply in my day to day life from their personal experiences.
Please help me.

I have them too. I am trying to use cognitive behavioral therapy to better express myself

A

AngryBird21

I have them too. I am trying to use cognitive behavioral therapy to better express myself
I can't afford therapy. Do you know of any simple exercises or any practice or just anything that I can do by myself to help? I have tried meditation and it helps on certain days but I can't consistently keep at it. I have lost interest in just about everything after college been closed down for over a year now because of the pandemic. I don't know how to deal with the frustration from it anymore.

bluestar ocean

bluestar ocean

If you knew that everything is going to change for the better. And that life will be back to normal soon from the pandemic would it make you feel any better. If you were to think of the future and you happy in the future then you could prepare for that the reality that's coming. Tried to leave your negative perception of yourself and your behavior behind and look at the new you of the future, who is happy calm helpful interested. The future is coming so if you can prepare for the future and leave your negative self in the past.

A

AngryBird21

Thanks. That helps. I'll try and keep reminding myself this and put it into practice :)

Z

Zoe1

hi AngryBird :welcome: !

I'm struggling with anger at the moment
its the most difficult of the emotions for me
I find it helps to write down what I'm angry about
and if possible find someone to share it with

that is not always possible
but things like walking and swimming would help to release it

I hope you find the forum helpful

:grouphug:🕯

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
I can't afford therapy. Do you know of any simple exercises or any practice or just anything that I can do by myself to help? I have tried meditation and it helps on certain days but I can't consistently keep at it. I have lost interest in just about everything after college been closed down for over a year now because of the pandemic. I don't know how to deal with the frustration from it anymore.
The only thing I know of that might help involves trying to rewire your habitual thinking which is not easy, but possible. That is the only "free technique" I know of mindfullness is typically helpful in that arena to some degree

K

Karma117

Hi, I find that when I feel my anger become too difficult to control I will remove myself from the person or situation causing it. Sometimes you don't know what has caused the sudden feeling of anger but it helps to still move away and take time to yourself so you don't hurt the ones around you. I know depending on where you live there are places online you can look into where you can self refer for therapy and it is free. Its worth looking into.

A

AngryBird21

Hi, I find that when I feel my anger become too difficult to control I will remove myself from the person or situation causing it. Sometimes you don't know what has caused the sudden feeling of anger but it helps to still move away and take time to yourself so you don't hurt the ones around you. I know depending on where you live there are places online you can look into where you can self refer for therapy and it is free. Its worth looking into.
Thank you. I try doing that and sometimes I am able to, other times I am so triggered that I can't resist but say something hurtful. I have been trying this for a while now but I guess my self control isn't all that great, but I am trying. These days I am trying to discipline my actions hoping it'd also discipline my thoughts and my self control, let's see if that works. And nah, mental health infrastructure in our country sucks so yeah. Thank you for your response though!

K

Karma117

I really hope everything works out for you, it isn't always about self control as you can't help the way you feel. Yeah things really need to change and people start doing more about mental health rather than the only focus being on physical health, its a shame as so many people are suffering and its mostly invisible. Take care of yourself

C

Chriskiecuzz

Please help me.
I'm starting cognitive behavioral therapy as well because I have a short temper and I don't know how to control my emotions.