• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anger explosion with bad neighbours

wraziel

wraziel

Well Today I've noticed that my f$#$"# neighbours take my cat and they sterelized her yesterday without my consent. Cause I got nothing to lose, today I go to face them and they was so angry by my acid and sarcastic comments , but I'm more smart than them, they were uncomfortable with my presence. I was feelin too much adrenaline but I was controling my anger for do precises comments. I feel better, they were cornered.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Why had you not had your cat sterilised yourself?

They should not have done that, it is your cat. Were they trying to help you? Had you discussed it with them in the past?

IvyandJade

IvyandJade

Well Today I've noticed that my f$#$"# neighbours take my cat and they sterelized her yesterday without my consent. Cause I got nothing to lose, today I go to face them and they was so angry by my acid and sarcastic comments , but I'm more smart than them, they were uncomfortable with my presence. I was feelin too much adrenaline but I was controling my anger for do precises comments. I feel better, they were cornered.
If I were you, I would call the police. If someone did ANYTHING to my cat without my knowledge or consent, I would have to call for assistance or else resort to verbal abuse or violence. My cat is like my child to me, I don't know how you feel. It is totally within your right to press charges, especially if they did this in an inhumane or abusive way. Take care.

wraziel

wraziel

Why had you not had your cat sterilised yourself?

They should not have done that, it is your cat. Were they trying to help you? Had you discussed it with them in the past?
I've never had problems with her little babys, she is old now, I was thinkin in sterilize her but by myself, in my time, my decision.

Never I've discussed with them, they pretend to be the "good" neighbours ignoring people's opinion, just for all in my community respect or pay favours to them.

If I were you, I would call the police.
I don't want more troubles, just I said (and saw in them) to them and what they really are.

Thanks to all.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Old cats can die whilst giving birth. They may not produce enough milk to feed their kittens either. It is your decision though and they should not have done that without your consent. Did they offer to arrange it for you in the past and you said no, or maybe?

If anyone did anything to my cat, i would be livid too. I also think cats should be neutered though, but would never touch another person's cat.

I keep mine indoors. The world is different now. Fast cars and illnesses cats can catch from other cats. Abcesses from fighting wounds.

In the past, previous cats, people have tied things to my cat's tails before, chucked a sort of oil all over her, and i have seen children outside pulling her around, she is so loving she went right up to them.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Why would they do that to your cat? I would be really upset they had no right to do that. Do you keep the cat in doors?

N

Nukelavee

It's totally reasonable for you to be angry over this, and you were within your rights to call your neighbours out over it.

Well done on saying what you needed to, without losing control - that's a big deal.

At the same time, if you have BPD, and you are at all like me, this is the kind of thing you may brood over, ie, fixate on. that is not good for you. You can't let this fester.

So - try to minimize how angry you feel, to put it behind you. Try to look at things like this - while it's your cat, and your choice about sterilizing her, having it done is a good thing. One less thing to worry about, long term, it's like better and safer for your cat. In a way, your neighbours did you a favour.

I'm not saying they were right and you were wrong - I'm saying don't let your anger take over things in the near future. Take this event, and make it useful to you, by keeping your anger at a reasonable level.