• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

And They Dare Call Me Crazy !!!

M

mumto6

I just thought I would share some of the great fun I have had with psyciatrists over the last 4 weeks ( I have seen 3 so far in 4 weeks) and have come to the conclusion they are all insane.

The first a very strange lady who arrived 30 mins late to our appointment (on a motorbike dressed as a cowboy) Leather trousers but checkered shirt and cowboy hat - complete with rucksack. Honestly she looked very out of place and there was me worrying about wearing the same pair of jeans for 2 days running and not bothering to put make up on etc to make an effort!
She invites me into the room where there are 2 chairs and a desk - she sits first then says " Sit where you feel most comftable"
So I stand like a drip thinking are there other chairs I can not see or am I meant to want to sit on the floor? Anyway I sit on the only other chair.

She dives straight into why I am there - and advises me even tho my GP mentioned Bipolar she does not think I have that as Bipolar is just the "IN THING " that evryone wants to have at the minute!!!!! What the hell ?????

Anyway after quizing me etc and I mention the voices and conversations I can hear that others can't she asks me " Do you hear voices inside or outside of your head" What ??? I tell her inside I guess so she asks when she is talking to me do I hear her voice inside or outside my head - I think about this for ages and still now can not guess the correct answer !!!

The consultant psyciatrist was a huge 8ft guy who's first question to me was " Do you like me tie" to which I was taken aback and muttered " I guess its ok"
He then quizzed me would I like to touch it - I was already looking for the door !!!
He explained had I wanted to reach and grab it and touch it I would be bipolar and I would not be able to help it but to grab it and rant about the material etc and then quickly go onto another item of clothing that was the same colour - by did he scare me -he diagnosed cyclothymia !

My poor GP I think gets scared when I ask to go see him - he has even phoned me at home rather than having to face me in his room .

Then my sure start worker person who puts on activities for under 5s called today to invite me along to some 12 week singing course with the kids - after telling her I was afraid to leave the house at the moment she replied - never mind that you will have a great time and the kids will love it get yourself along. ??????????????? I leave the house and think someone is following me to try to kill me I cant breath and I stand and shake or burst out crying in public and you want me to bring 2 young children with me and sit in a circle and sing If your happy and you know it clap your hands ???

I Just thought to myself - and you call me crazy !:p

iffybob

iffybob

yup ....

....not just the shrinks either .........

I asked how I should contact a cpn, expecting an extention number for the hospital, she gave me a direct phone number to her office desk, and when I called it, she told me she did not want me to call her on that number :confused: .........

......... I am still trying to figure out if she was a cpn, or a paitent who stole her id and nobdoy had noticed, the way she behaved it would have mad more sence, needless to say she was of no use........ and made me worse.....:mad:

M

mad as a hatter

think i,d have 2 have asked them if they r for real and what qualfications they really think they got them off the internet there havin a laugh so bipolor is the in thing well they can have mine if they like i wouldn,t much care deary me

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

HA!!! I often find myself thinking the same! My first pdoc also dressed like a cowboy & my new one does to a degree :D Ha!
WTF is she talking about "the in-thing"??? :s Who the hell would WANT bipolar or any mental illness for that fact?? Just because a few celebrities have it (y) fricking yeah, we all wanna be like them :mad:
Saying that, I heard on the news that there was a record number of people enquiring about Bipolar Disorder and the news said that the Stacey Slater plot-line in Eastenders has really raised awareness?? Hmmm.

Eccentric - the lot of them :rolleyes:

jax

jax

My Pdoc walked in one day with one of his expensive suits and bare feet with moses sandles LOL

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I want a cowboy psychiatrist now!! Mine are usually pretty boring and could do with spending some money on some new clothes.
KP

iffybob

iffybob

Shot

My next one is going to wonder what hits em, I have beeen holdin this crazy for nearly 2 years, boB is going to play ..........:eek:

J

jamesdean

I was called a crazy bitch last weekend which is in fact an improvement in my life because people n quite a few of them used to call me a paraniooid schiozprenhic,N I used to get called a :mad: person in the street all the time in my old town hence the quick sharp exit 18 years ago after suffering all this abuse n even my father called me a peado n yet these psychs wonder why we are so fcuked up in the head the one cpn accused me of killing my mh social worker because she committed suicde fcuk I think the last thing on your mind was the fucking tie that he was wearing he sounds very fcuking abusive to me. all the best JD

M

mumto6

I have to say after seeing any of them I come out feeling a whole lot worse !
I am not sure what they expect from me , am I meant to be hanging from the lampshade etc - I try my best to make myself look presentable and try my hardest to talk as politely as I can even when they are annoying the hell out of me with the same questions over and over aghhhhhhhhhh

J

jamesdean

Fcuk them is the only real advice here they just seem to be able to come out with anyold shite n expect us to putup with it but honestly I will never forget the day the bitch psych hit me with its all your own fault fcuk me do you think that 20 years in service is of my own doing surely if they didnt think I needed an apt then why on earth didnt they discharge me because they have to keep a % on the books so they can get their over inflated salaries n they call us crazy,that we dont understand their game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

mumto6

Well saw another person today - still not sure who she was but she dressed normal - no cowboy outfit and did not ask me any daft things -think she said something about her being the gateway to get me to see who I need.
I did voice my opinion that I have now seen 5 dif people and never the same one - she said this is how it works but hopefully she will get me someone to see regualy. ( Please not the Cowboy or the Tie Man)

She seemed to think I have never been " Normal" for approx 11 years now and that I have manifested my own coping mechanism ?????
She suggests a close following of my moods as she would describe me as having bipolar - rapid cycling and cyclothymia along with 2 other things I can not even pronounce and that in the 16 years she has worked with " People like me" has she met someone who has to deal with so much stress.

* Have 5 young kids * Am pregnant * Need a larger house * Have no money as now have to claim benefits for the first time * Come from a disfunctional childhood * Spent 11 years in a domestic violent relationship * Has a mother who calls me an embarrasemnt * A father who is an alcoholic * A partner who keeps calling my illness cycloclamidia ( I think the last one sounds funny)
I just thought yea and thats my life !!!

iffybob

iffybob

Yep

A partner who keeps calling my illness cycloclamidia ( I think the last one sounds funny)
Yep no shortage of smart asred loud mouthed idiots in this contry.....

M

mad as a hatter

yeah bob and that,s including family

M

mumto6

I dont take it personally - my partner has to put up with loads from me , I just think its funny when I ask him what I have and he says Cycloclamidia x At least we can joke about it - he is the only person who gets away with calling me a loon !

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Actually you sound pretty sane to me to have coped with all your responsibiities and to have been working till recently. I think you deserve a gold star.
KP:hug: