• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

And if you are born on a time that I wont exist, do not be scared and you will find me either as a star when you are walking alone through the frozen

E

Erudinam

And if you are born on a time that I wont exist, do not be scared and you will find me either as a star when you are walking alone through the frozen night, either in the eyes of a child that will pass you by, ...................................................
you shall see my bright face shaping a constellation, to smile at you and whisper you: "good night"

Τhis is a simple translation (not 100% accurate or full) of some lyrics from a song.

My ex-girlfriend send me those. Somehow, they trigger one of my worries. What if when we die, we are being born again in a new body? Think about it because it makes sense. Humans have been living for many, many years. Suddenly, I exist and I have feelings. Suddenly, you exist and you have feelings. Where we were before being born? Nothing? What made us suddenly to be born on the day we were born? Why we started having consciousness and feelings that day anod not 1000 years before? Maybe the same story will be repeat by being born in other bodies.

Sometimes, I imagine myself living in a world in which I am alone. As if my loved ones never existed. As if I am living in a new body but I remember my loved ones (relatives, friends, parents etc) and I wonder if they really existed.
It is a VERY SAD thought. Also, when I think that our dead loved ones and the loved ones that will die, that MAY not exist in afterlife and that they are just nothing, I get very sad.

I was raised as a Christian but lost my faith because:

1) If faith is the main way to go to heaven, it seems like gambling because many people are being raised with other religions and some others are losing faith because when it comes to faith it is natural for some people to believe and some others not. I cant blame people who do not believe why they do not believe. Unless if it is ok to try and be good and pray sometimes to Christian God while having lost faith.

2) There are testimonies of people seeing Jesus, having visions etc. I have heard about "evil" people becoming good Christians. Why? I guess some good and humble unbelievers (kids and adults) die without having faith. Why did not God appeared to them in but appeared to "evil" people?

3) God is creating the rules. Why God did not forgive us from the beginning and had Jesus crucified in a specific time?

4) I cant imagine good and humble atheists being tormented in hell eternally just because they did not have faith while some "evil" people live a life full of sins and suddenly, they decide to become Christians. (with or without a vision). It is as if some people are luckier and they get saved on the last minute but what about people who had no faith and made some sins as kids or as young adults, and died really young. Some may have commited suicide due to depression. I cant understand why these people ended up in hell while some others just got lucky or had the gift of a miracle.

When I think about this, I am losing my faith. I have almost lost all my faith. And I feel free. Free to do what I want. But... When I think about what happens after death, I get worried/sad and want Jesus to be real so I can have hope.
RIght now, maybe I am 50% agnostic and 50% christian or something like that. I try to follow Jesus mostly from fear and for hope but I still have these doubts.

S

Sugaree

I am a Christian and my faith has helped me understand my physical and mental sufferings. I hope you will find a path that brings you peace. Christianity has the answers for me. Keep searching

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

What about all the people prior to Christianity and Judaism? They didn't even get the opportunity to have faith because God wasn't created yet. Did all those people just go straight to hell or did they fall into a Grey area?

S

Sugaree

That’s a good question. Lots of gray areas. The only answers are after we die. That’s probably why people search and there are so many different beliefs and ideas.

D

dansell123

You know you can take the things you find admiral from christianity and implement them in your life, while simulatenosly holding an agnostic attitude...For example, the golden rule, acts of mercy, loving thy neighbor. You are right to question some things...You don't need to believe that people go to hell just because they don't believe in Jesus as an example. Just keep hold of the right virtues and aspire to live a good life, doing good for other people...in doing so, in following the light, the answers will come.