• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Analyze this!!

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Anyone any good at interpreting dreams?? I've had this recurring dream for years now but I seem to be getting it almost every night just now.

I'm walking along the street or sometimes I'm in a house and I suddenly collapse and I can't move, I can still feel all my limbs but I can't get up and I can't talk. All around me people are walking past me and giving me looks because they think I'm drunk though I've not touched a drop and everyone just ignores me and leaves me to panic internally.

I wake up drenched in sweat and when I eventually fall back asleep I get the same dream. Its really getting me down now. I'm really not having a good time of it just now mentally so I'm sure it must be connected to that in some way but I just wondered if anyone had a book about dreams.:redface:

A

Apotheosis

One interpretation from a Jungian perspective - is that often the content of our dreams are messages from the unconscious parts of the mind; that can give messages to us as we sleep.

Jung used the House as analogy to; & as representing the self or the personality (the psyche).

According to that meaning - the dream could relate to your sense of self/ego/persona ect - in relationship to illness/breakdown/collapse. [House collapsing on top of you? Or just collapsing]

& your apprehensions/fears/worries about not being able to 'get up' from it; &/or that people won't help/don't help.

That people think that your drunk, but are not, could also relate to apprehensions of people blaming you; (it's your fault because you are drunk); or as seeing you inaccurately; in a bad way; that is not accurate to who you actually are or to being in genuine need. Or that aspect of the dream may represent 'self blame'.

Just ideas.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Well certainly that would make a lot of sense. Theres been a lot going on where I feel I'm being blamed for not being what people want or expect me to be and not being able to live up to expectations. I was reading it as trying to call out for help but no-one taking any notice. I do believe in all these things because dreams must come from somewhere.
Thanks for that.:)