• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

An uplifting message.. (I hope!)

O

Orionar1

If you are reading this you do not deserve what you are going through, no matter what you may think.
If you feeling low and hopeless this feeling will pass, it is uncomfortable and feels unending but it will pass.
If you feel like a freak or an idiot for feeling the way you do, trust me, you are not. In fact some of the greatest people in history (Abraham Lincoln, Buzz Aldrin, Charles Darwin, Mozart etc..) all suffered from major mental health issues.
I hope with all my heart that you overcome your hardship and move on to do great things.

Ben x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your post, it's really lovely.
Take care

Mayfair

Mayfair

If you are reading this you do not deserve what you are going through, no matter what you may think.
If you feeling low and hopeless this feeling will pass, it is uncomfortable and feels unending but it will pass.
If you feel like a freak or an idiot for feeling the way you do, trust me, you are not. In fact some of the greatest people in history (Abraham Lincoln, Buzz Aldrin, Charles Darwin, Mozart etc..) all suffered from major mental health issues.
I hope with all my heart that you overcome your hardship and move on to do great things.

Ben x
You could add Ludwig Boltzmann to this list.

-

I was watching a documentary about thermodynamics the other day, and there was a portion on him. What a great man!

O

Orionar1

It seems that creative minds are more prone to depression, a vast number of great thinkers, actors, musicians and comedians all suffered from mental health issues of some kind. So on a positive note because you are suffering from mental health issues it is quite possible you have a creative and intelligent mind!.

I have read many research papers and articles about this sort of thing and it is also claimed that people who have suffered from depression or anxiety at some point of their life often have a far greater quality and appreciation of life than the average person once they are cured. This is because they have experienced pure misery and hopelessness and so when they truly begin to feel happiness again they savour it and are thankful for it more than most people ever will.

H

handheart

Your post its very encouraging and give us confidence .Thanks